Chapter 19. Our New Home

We finally arrived at the prison as the sun was coming up. I got out of the truck and opened the main gate so we could drive the trucks in. I got back in the truck and drove it inside the prison yard and waited for everyone else to park inside before I shut the gate again.
"I told you we'd make it." I said to Heather kissing her.
"Well at one point you said you doubted it but you were really fucked up, but yes you did say we'd make it. And I never doubted you." She replied.
We grabbed our supplies out of the trucks and brought everything inside and set the prison up to be as close as possible to a home.
I was setting up cells as bedrooms for us while Heather was outside making a garden so we could grow food. Tyler's parents were setting up a armory to store all the weapons while my parents were setting up a kitchen.
I finished making the rooms and made my way outside to where heather was working on the garden.
"How's it going?" I asked her.
She pointed to a few garden beds she made, "This one has carrots, this one is green beans, and this one is watermelon. I haven't gotten to the rest yet."
"It look amazing, you're doing awesome." I said to her.
I looked up and my heart began racing. The hoard we led off the cliff was back and approaching the prison.
"Back for more?" I said as I reached for my gun.