The Lapras Pod

After winning the winner's trophy of the Orange League, Ember decided that it was time to get back to Kanto, since the Orange League was now over and done with. Right now, the gang was riding on Kaiyō and the three Blastoises, across the ocean.

"I can't wait to show my trophy and badges to my parents and Prof Oak." Ember said.

"I still say that your battle with Drake was amazing, Ember." Alain complimented.

"It certainly was. Yours was too, Alain. I was on edge when Charizard and Dragonite went against each other." Ember smiled.

"I can't wait to go to Kanto and meet Prof Oak." Tracey said.

"Lapp!" Kaiyo suddenly turned and started to speed up.

"Sylveon!" Nova yelped.

"Woah!" Ember and Alain held on tightly.

"Hey, what's wrong with Kaiyō?" Cilan asked. 

"Let's follow them." Tracey suggested.

Zoey and Cilan's Blastoises followed after Kaiyō.

Then their answer soon came; there in the distance was a school of Lapras.

"Look at all of those Lapras." Tracey sketched in his pad.

"Hey, I wonder if this is the pod that Kaiyō was separated from." Mairin pondered.

"Is that your family, Kaiyō?" Ember asked her Transport Pokémon.

"Lappp!" Kaiyō replied, nodding happily, he has found his family.

"I see." Ember smiled, she remembered her promise to him and now she can fulfill it. Now it's going to happen the second time.

"Lappp! Lappp!" Kaiyō called out towards the pod.

The Lapras' pod heard Ember's Lapras but ignored him.

Alain frowned, "That's strange. They're ignoring him." He said.

"Lappp!" Kaiyō tried to follow them.

One of the Wild Lapras used Mist to cover their escape.

"Lapppp! Lappppp..." Kaiyō cried out as the pod of Lapras' disappeared.

"Kaiyō." Ember frowned.

"That was weird." Cilan said.

"Lappppppppp!" Kaiyō cried out and began to cry. Ember rubbed his neck to calm him down.

"What happened?" Mairin asked.

"I don't know." Zoey replied. 

"Something isn't right here." Tracey added.

========================

The gang went to the nearby island, Tarroco Island, to find some answers. So the gang called Prof. Kukui.

"[Yes, that behavior is unusual.]" Professor Kukui frowned, "[But I suspect that the Lapras' acted that way because they are afraid of humans.]"

"But Professor Kukui, what made the Lapras' afraid of people so badly?" Mairin asked.

"[I don't know, but my guess is that some humans has been attacking them.]" Prof. Kukui replied.

"Poachers." Ember growled.

"[How did you guess that, Ember?]" Prof. Kukui asked.

"Those are the only types of humans who would hurt Pokémon." Ember replied, angrily.

"They're actually Pokémon Poaching Pirates." A woman's voice said.

"Huh?" The gang turned around.

"Officer Jenny." Ember said.