Rind Island

While on the way to Pummelo Island, Ember and the gang stopped on an island. As well as taking a break there, Ember saw this as an opportunity to train her Pokémon before the Orange League. Of course, Ember knew what Pokémon the leader of the Orange League would use, so she decided to train her Pokémon and herself to get ready for it. But she wanted Meissa (Crystal Onix) to have a chance against Drake's Onix, so she'll trade Pokémon when she gets to Pummelo Island. Her parents had told her that Meissa had been training with some of her water Pokémon and her two Lycanroc's. So Ember was excited to see how she was doing.

============================

Ember and Alain had trained with her other Pokémon a few hours ago. Then she decided to go on a jog with Nova (Shiny Sylveon) and Sirius (Shiny Lucario) along with Rotom. Alain decided to join them. Mairin was with Tracey who was sketching a wild Vileplume while Cilan and Zoey were fishing. 

Mid way during their jog, Sirius stopped in his steps.

"Sirius, what's wrong?" Ember asked.

"(I sensed something nearby.)" Sirius replied.

"Which direction?" Alain asked.

Sirius pointed towards the trees, "(That way.)"

"Let's go check it out." Ember decided.

"Sylve? (Should we?)" Nova asked.

"Well it could be an injured Pokémon." Ember suggested.

"Sylveon. (Good point.)" Nova nodded.

So the three followed Sirius into the trees. 

==========================

As they got closer, Ember felt like something was watching them. Soon enough they reached a clearing with a huge boulder in the middle but saw nothing else.

"(Odd, I was sure that I sensed something here.)" Sirius said.

"Odd indeed." Ember agreed.

Suddenly, Nova saw something flash right by them.

Nova blinked, "Sylve? (What was that?)"

Nova's question was answered when a form appeared from the shadows of the tree line. It was a Pokémon, one that only existed in myths and legends.

"Marshadow." Ember whispered, shocked.

"Sylve? Sylveon? (Marshadow? Really?)" Nova questioned.

"(I thought that Marshadow was only a myth.)" Sirius added.

"That's what most people think." Alain stated.

"Indeed." Rotom agreed.

"Marshadow, is there a reason why you've been watching us?" Ember asked, calmly.

Marshadow stared at her, "(You're Ho-oh's chosen, are you?)"

"Ho-oh's chosen? Yes, I believe I am. Why do you ask?" Ember asked.

"(I wanted to meet Ho-oh's chosen. I'm amazed that you were able to save the world from further destruction.)" Marshadow replied, "(Were you afraid?)"

"Truth be told, I was somewhat scared when I had to go to Ice Island. The reason why was because I saw the three Legendary Birds were fighting against one another. But I was able to go because all of my Pokémon and friends gave me the courage." Ember admitted.

"Even though we didn't want you to go, but you had to." Alain added.

"(I see.)" Marshadow said, "(I need your help.)"