Results

Two days later
Devale- I arrive at the DNA center to pick up the results. I had a bad feeling when I woke up this morning but I just pushed through. I entered the building signed in and waited for the lady to bring me the envelope.

Mr.Ellis, I stand and walk over to the lady.

Mr. Ellis yes that's me.
She hands me the results turns and walks away.
I stand there for what felt like an eternity before I walk out heading to my car. I get in and just sit there thinking, "Whatever this paper says will change my life forever"  I put the envelope in the passenger seat and drive off I don't know where I was going I just needed to think. I drove around town for a few hours and I ended up at Crystal's I still haven't opened the results yet, "to be honest I'm afraid to."
I pull into the garage and get out I walk into Crystal's house and she was in the kitchen she looks at me and could tell something was wrong. She dried her hand and met me halfway with arms scratched we embrace each other and I began to cry I haven't let myself feel anything. I've been too focused on everyone else feeling even though I fucked up I still had feelings. We pull away and she kissed me "baby what's wrong," she said. I look at her I got the results back today "holding up the envelope"  I can see her mood change. She backs up a little.

Crystal- so, so what did it say "Looking at her hands"

Devale- I don't know I haven't opened it yet. I don't want what's in here to affect what we have baby, I know If this is my baby we won't be able to come back from this. She started to cry and walks over to the couch.

Crystal- why did you come here first Devale?

Devale- I'm sorry baby I truly am sorry I just wanted to be with you when I opened it. I wasn't thinking I just knew I needed you so baby please just stick with me. She looks at me eyes red and full of fear.

Crystal- "choking on her words" OMG you really think he is yours. "crying harder" I didn't think I can handle this. Get up and head upside.

Devale- Crys I call after her she kept walking I get up and tried to catch up with her when I got to her she was laying across the bed sobbing. I walk over and lay there and just hold her I can't take you crying baby I'm so sorry baby. We lay there and eventually fell asleep.

It was a little after 6 when I woke up Crystal was still sleeping. I get up to go to the bathroom. I come out and go downstairs to get my phone I see where I had 4 missed calls for Kay and 2 from Dinorah. I put my phone down and went and grabbed some water from the fridge.

Crystal-I woke up and looked around for Devale he was not in the bed. I get up to go to the bathroom I finish and was washing my hands I look at myself in the mirror and my eyes were puffy and red from crying. "Why are you doing this to yourself girl," I say staring at myself I feel myself about to cry again I splash water on my face. While my eyes were closed I felt Devale come up and wrap his arms around me he kisses my neck and I lean back and lay my head on his shoulder. I'm ready for whatever the results say, I love you Devale and we will get through this.

Devale-I love you more crys, wish you knew how much, I kiss her neck and held her tight looking at our reflection in the mirror. It's me and you baby. I take her hand and we walk back downstairs to the couch she sits down first and I after. I pick up the results and begin to open the envelope I pull them out and begin to read it my mouth drops open I look up at  Crystal and I can see her heart breaking.

99.9% YOU ARE THE FATHER.