'17' Mistake. -Part two.-

The climate was closed. The usual clear sky and the strong sun that appeared in these months began to close more and more, it was the changing season. So the rain would come in a few days, if not already. The van ride was quiet, not a lot of traffic and some streets were clean. It was pretty peaceful.

The girl sighed deeply, she removed one hand from the steering wheel and straightened her messy hair a little. The mechanic smirked at the mirror, her startled hair reminded her of Sun and Moon in how they like to, for some reason, mess up her hair. It's something emotional for them, so the girl knows how to recognize the gesture.

With her hand firmly back on the steering wheel, the mechanic edged closer to the Pizzaplex location. Finally, this protocol nonsense has to be finished, the girl went into such a state of shock that it made her rethink her choices of this type of behavior for the droid. It was very useful but... It wasn't safe. For everyone.

Turning the corner of the same street where she always turned to see the pizzeria, the girl quickly noticed the closed gates, where she parked the van every time she arrived at the Pizzaplex. At least the pizzeria's normal parking lot wasn't full, in fact it looked way too empty, but that wasn't what caught the girl's attention. It had a commotion at a staff door next to the establishment. The mechanic frowned seeing the situation, she decided to park close by.

With the brake active, the girl prepared to step out, but before she jumped out, she noticed her tablet out of range. Reaching out, the girl took it and then closed the van door as soon as she got out. The tall-figured girl approached at a jog, noticing some people starting to literally run away into the employee parking lot. Confused and now with her concern back to the surface, the girl approached an employee with curly hair who was talking to the other employees, everyone had this half panicked face.

"I don't know! I just heard that it had to get out of there, I don't know what was going on!" The brunette stated with that pant in her posture. The woman was wearing a manager's shirt from some establishment inside. Apparently she couldn't answer some of the questions people were asking her.

(Y/n) looked between all the employees there who were talking, with her eyebrows raised and eyes wide open. The girl noticed this newbie girl leaning against the wall, shock on her pale face. The mechanic looked at the previous conversation and couldn't understand what they were talking about. So she asked the girl, who looked at (Y/n) like she was a ghost.

(Y/n) even thought about calming the girl down, but the newbie was in that kind of trance that she couldn't understand. So she answered the mechanic. "I-I don't know... Everything was okay, I don't know how it all happened. But it was sinister..." The girl took off her cap that was on her head, she started to knead it in comfort, the sound fabric against her fake nails was to give anyone the creeps, but this situation was too chaotic to notice.

"I was working, waiting tables as usual. And then... I just heard the screaming and groaning. It was scary. Then he told us to get out of here..."

"Calm down, Camila. We're out here, we just need to pray that everything is going to be okay." The brunette approached to comfort the newbie, (Y/n) stepped back when she saw the interaction. "But it was so sudden! I-I don't understand! Was it a robbery? Is that why the lights were turned off?"

...

"What did you say?"

The brunette looked back, but the newbie didn't. The woman frowned, still a little out of breath. "We were evacuated because the power went out. But Camila here saw that something happened in the middle of the dark. We thought it was just a test-"

Without even listening. The girl ran inside. Like a stray bullet. The mechanic didn't need more information once she realized the situation. Lights off? LIGHTS OFF?