9

"J!" A voice yelled

Silky brown hair turned quickly and smiled, giving the guy a hug. So she had a boyfriend.

"How's your dad doing" He held her out and smiled to her.

He could see how awkward she felt. They were definitely not lovers.

"Busy, he's very busy in the garage" Her smile was small.

He tapped his hand on the bar to catch her attention. The other hand held the glass out.

She poured more bourbon to the man.

A couple more times.

"Who's you trying to kill" She mummered low enough for only her to hear.

She went back to him with a little paper note.

He downed the glass holding it forward in the intention of getting another.

"It's time for you to pay" She said holding the little note put in front of him.

He smached his card on the desk "This will do" He said.

She took the card and did the payment.

"I could by the whole bar if I wanted" He said

"Sure" She did not care. She went around the tables wiping them over so they were clean for tomorrow.

By the time she should close the man was leaning over the desk. He was drunk. No wonder with the amount of bourbon he had poured down.

"It is time to go" She shaked his shoulder a bit.

"One room please" He mummered

She was surprised that the drunken man in front of her knew the word please.

"There are no rooms, you can't stay here"

He looked confused when he sat up at the bar.

He walked slowly and not very secure out of the bar without saying a word.