22

"Dessert?" He asked. His smile was so warm and childishly teasing that she could only nood for an answer.

He took her to this ice cream shop.

"You see, this is the best ice cream in town" His voice was low. Near her ear. She could feel his warm breath and the shiver it caused her body to make.

"Mr. Davis!" The elderly man with complete grey hair behind the counter greeted him "The usual?"

"Yes and one for the lady" He smiled to her

The man nodded an began packing.

"Where we going to sit?" Julie asked. Since it looked like the shop had no tables.

"Well I thought that my place would be fine. I need a little quietness after this evening"

She nodded. Not sure of her in his place would be something that she would have thought as a good idea.

"You live here?" She asked as her feet stopped in front of the building. It made her stomach ache. It was the same building as the bank.

"Yes. Come on" He lead her to the elevator and entered a code before the elevator began to move.

The elevator stopped and the doors went open. Straight into a living room.

She kind of had guessed that the man had money, but not this kind of money.

He went straight to the kitchen. White and modern with a black surface. He grabbed two plates.

"Please sit" He gestured towards the bar chairs.

She sat down in silence. Watching him prepare the ice cream and the cookies from the shop.

"Do you live here alone?" She asked suddenly curious. A man alone couldn't afford this, could he?

"Yes" His eyes meet hers. She broke the eye contact it was to intense.

She nodded.

He placed the plate with cookies and ice cream in front of her. It looked so good!

They enjoyed the dessert in silence. He looked at her a couple times to check her reaction.

She loved it.