23

The evening had been easy for both of them. She had forgot about her troubles and he had forgot about time and place. The only thing that mattered for him was that she was by his side.

God he had never felt such an ease around other people before. He wondered how it would develop between them. What his next excuse to see her would be.

"How do you know things about cars?"

Her question pulled him out of his thoughts. Things. She said things. Okay, fair. He didn't know much about cars.

"It's a pretty good thing to know something about what you're investing in"

Her jaw dropped.

"you're investing in cars?"

He nooded.

"Guess I should have done that instead of fixing cars" She shrugged her shoulders.

He smiled. His grey eyes where warm when they meet hers. Believing that looking into them for to long could melt her away.

"its not easy you know" His eyes shifted. Sadness crossed his face.

He took his plate to the dishwasher. She followed him, only one step behind him.

When he turned to her, the where close. Closer than they'd been before. At least with him being sober.

"why?" she looked at him.

His sad grey eyes locked on her blue eyes.

"It's a long and lonely road" He said.

She suddenly wanted to stroke his cheek but she didn't. Their eyes were locked into each others. Sadness and warmth constantly shifted in his eyes.

He tucked her hair back behind her ear with his hand. She tensed by the gesture, then instantly relaxed by the warmth of his hand sending a heat wave through her body.

No words were spoken between them, they just stood there.

His mind was chaotic. Would she leave or would she stay? He wanted her to stay. He was afraid that she would leave. But the thought of not trying and then regret it. What if he never saw her again?

He stepped closer. Closing the distance between them. In what felt like slow motion he placed his hand on her neck while he bend down to kiss her.

She tensed when she figured out what was about to happen. She thought of running, but she was at his place where would she go. His hand felt so warm and calming at her skin. Her muscles relaxed by the feeling.

His lips meet hers with such a caution as if she would break if he touched her too much. It felt warm, welcoming. Then his lips began to move. Slowly.

She couldn't help herself. The warm feeling he made her feel was not something that she wanted to run from.

His hand on her neck moved the tump back and forward causing her to shiver.

The other hand was on her waist pulling her into his warm body.

She snapped for air when he finally stopped. His face where only a few centimeters from hers.

He looked scared.

"I didn't know if you would run or you would stay" He finally said and released his grip on her.