15

The drive was primarily silent. He did not know why the hell he suggested this. It was more than one hour from here to the garage.

Normally she would have enjoyed the speed and acceleration the Audi performed. Today was different, it was not the car, it was his presence making her tense in every muscle.

He pulled over in front of the garage.

"Thank you" She said leaving the car as fast as she could.

How did she plan to go back he wondered. He would have asked but she was long gone.

"I'm here dad" He heard her shout

He went after her.

"I've been worried about you" The soft voice of and elder man said.

"It's fine dad"

"how did the meeting go?"

She signed "Dad I'm..."

"Julie who's this?" He asked. Her black and grey brows went up in surprise to see the well trained man who stood in the garage.

She turned "Umm well this is..." She paused, she had no idea of who he was.

"Mr. Davis" He said with a smirking smile who would have left most girls drooling.

"The pick ups battery died, he offered to drive me home" Her voice was plain not giving any emotion away."

"Well I think we have a new one over here" Her father searched and found. What he was looking for.

"I'm going back to the city. I thought you'd also need a ride back?" Mr. Davis asked

She nodded "Five minutes please"

He went back to the Audi leaning against its side.

"Julie I don't like that kind of men" Her father said voice full of worry.

"Dad, he's a total stranger. I needed to go home, the pick up is dead remember?"

She gave him a quick hug and took the tools and the battery.

"is it your garage?"

She nodded.

"Just you and your dad?"

"why so curious?"

"it's a long drive" He said

"You didn't care talking to me before, why now?" She was suspicious "Why did you even offer to drive? You don't know me"

"Why did you take me to your couch when I was drunk and my car was broken" he asked back

"To help" She said "is that forbidden?"

She looked over at ham, staring into the grey eyes.

"Help is not a thing you offer where I'm from" He said emotions shifting in his eyes.

"I clearly don't know anything about the city"

"Thats why I helped. To do the kind favour back" He tried to smile but it felt awkward.