16

He waited the entire time while she fixed the pick up. He had to admire her skills, she was fast with the tools, it only took her a couple of minutes. She started the engine.

"Well. Thank you for your help, she said, closing the door.

But he grabbed it, keept it open.

"Can I buy you dinner?"

She hesitated looking at the clock. The day had gone. It would be late when she finally came home.

"Please I want to, just a quick burger or something"

The burger sounded so delicious. That would be even better than the breakfast he bought last week.

"I can't go to dinner with a man whose name I don't know" Her eyes were determined.

"Caden" He said with a smile.

The cheeseburger was fantastic.

"This" She said holding up the burger "This is amazing" Her smile was flashing. The joy in her eyes. It made something in him feel like he had never done before.

He let out a warm laugh.

"Your not used to the benefits of the city"

"Not really" She admitted. The last thing she wanted to talk about was money.

He did not bring the subject money up.

"It's getting late, I really should go back" She gave him a little smile. She still did not understand why he had been so friendly, after all they had only met twice.

"You don't want dessert before hitting the road" He offered.

It suddenly seemed to bother him that she would leave. Leave him alone.
"I mean softice or maybe cake? Coffee if you like?"
Why the hell was he so desperate to keep her here with him.

"A coffee would be nice" She smiled this little careful and shy smile to him once more.
She should go home. Her dad would be worried sick...

The garage was empty as she drove by. The house was dark. He must have went to bed.

She should also go to bed. Her thoughts wandered from moment to moment from the day with him. Caden.

His grey emotionless eyes had shown different emotions today. He. Had seemed desperate to keep her. Asked her out. She had never been asked out before. Or that depended if you would count prom as a date. Prom was the only thing she had went to with a boy.

She was so confused. Why had he asked her out for dinner when the car ride from the city to the garage had been in silence?

On the way back there had been a small conversation, but not much. She did not know much about the man.

Caden. His smile when he said his name had been stunning. It was the only true smile she had seen from him.

His hand had felt big, warm and burning when he placed it on her shoulder as she was about to jump into the pick up. She had pulled away. Surprised and scared of how it felt. The heat had been so intense that she were afraid it would leave a mark. But it had not.

When she pulled the hoddie over her head a little card fell out. It looked exactly like a bussines card. Except it was empty. The material was thicker than paper. Soft white and a little bit shiny. She turned it.

Supriced to see his name and his number on the little card. Was he expecting her to call?