CHAPTER - 17

2 MONTHS LATER –

Y/n POV -

You were fiddling in the kitchen looking for some ingredients. You thought of making rice cakes for Seungjae and currently you were running out of the ingredients. You looked at clock there was still time for Seungjae to return. So you thought of buying the missing items. You sighed looking at the only cash left in your purse. The banking card Seungcheol gave you was totally useless from last two months as he stopped giving you money and insisted buying every little thing for you by himself reasoning that you might run away from him. He knew you would never but still he did every possible thing to make sure. And here you were, left without money to even get a ride to supermarket. If you do then there wouldn't be any money left to buy grocery. You decided to walk at nearby supermarket even though it would take time.

While walking you were looking around time to time because the thought of Seungcheol might see you out of nowhere was giving you chills. It wasn't possible because it was afternoon which means Seungcheol's at office and you already sneaked from the house like this 2-3 time before too in last 2 months. Even after his strict instructions and threat of punishment you acted stubborn. You were never like that before, but living with Seungcheol and Seungjae you felt the change in yourself as you too became stubborn to keep up with them. But the fear was always evident that he might catch you breaking the rules. Soon you reached in supermarket. You entered the supermarket and started looking for the ingredients you wanted. But unfortunately the main items were missing there too. After inquiring you came to know that there stocks wasn't refilled.

You thought of returning back while checking time on your wristwatch but again Seungjae was the only reason why you were still sane even after all the tragedy. So you again started walking to go further looking for yet another supermarket. And finally you grabbed all the things you wanted.

You exited supermarket and started walking your way back. But something caught your attention. Seungcheol was with a women who was ninety percent similar to your appearance. Your breath hitched listening to their words. Tears running down her cheek as she spoke, "I'm your wife Seungcheol, we've baby together. I said, I'm sorry for what I've done and that I got punishment for my doings. I left you and our baby for that man, for his money. But now I want you and our baby back, please forgive me. Let just start everything freshly."

You didn't realised when your tears made your cheeks wet. "Y/n, baby" Seungcheol's deep voice snapped you out of your trance. Anger filled in your eyes. The hatred you kept buried in your heart was out of you control. Your head hurt at the thought of you getting punished for someone else's doing mercilessly. You saw Seungcheol nearing you but you started running away from him, not wanting to face him. You heard him calling your name but you didn't stopped and kept walking.

Suddenly you felt a car getting pulled by your side on the empty road. But you couldn't care less. You kept walking forward with full speed. A smooth tug on your arm and next you were smelling the same cologne. You got away from him but he still held your arm. "Cherry, listen to me baby. Let's go home and talk hmm." He started pulling you toward the car.

"Leave me" you wiggled in his grip. Seungcheol was fast enough to shove you inside car. He lean closer to you and fasten your seatbelt to keep you in your place. He closed the door and hoped into car taking you directly home. The ride was quick and quite.

You reached home and before he proceed anything you exited from car and entered inside house going straight to bedroom. You heard Seungcheol again calling you but you didn't care at the moment. Going inside bedroom you locked the door, you grabbed your bag and started packing your clothes. You can hear Seungcheol calling you from outside, the same fear rising in your chest but this time you don't want to get stuck in this tragic loop anymore. You wanted freedom from everything and everyone. The way life played with you was almost unbearable, while thinking about others you just forgot what was happening with you was wrong. He wasn't in the place to treat you like this for something so unrealistic. She surely was his first wife, from the way she was mentioning about having baby together which was none other than Seungjae. Thinking of Seungjae made your heart hurt. You don't want to leave his side, but current situation wasn't favourable even if it involves Seungjae. You have to get away from this man at any cost.

You walked out of bedroom with your bag to see Seungcheol waiting outside. His face showing hint of sadness. You started walking down stair but Seungcheol pulled you back. "Cherry, listen to me, let's keep the bag back into room." With that he tried taking the bag out of your hands which only made your grip on it tighter.

"That's enough, Mr. Choi" you harshly pulled the bag back.

"Just stop with everything." You stared at him with stable glossy eyes.

"Here..." you removed the engagement ring and kept it in his palm. Both of you didn't broke eye contact until you turned heels to walk further. He stood there dumbfounded looking at your back. He gained his consciousness after few seconds and started following you. His hand holding the metal safely. He caught up with you near the dining area and again stopped you.

"Baby, don't do this, Let me explain, please..." you saw a lone tear escaping his left eye.

"I don't want to listen anything, Let me go Mr.Choi." you were crying and trying to get away from him.

"No, you can't leave me" he pushed you toward the dining table making you wince in pain. He hugged you and dropped his face into your crook "You cannot get away from me." Your shoulder was wet due to his tears, the sudden dominant aura of him scared you more. "Please don't leave me, it's too much for me to handle." He mumbled against you in whining tone.

"Exactly it's too much for me to handle too. I'm tired of this things." you spoke defeated, removing his face from your shoulder. You knew you cannot win with him in arguments. But you cannot stand this anymore. "I said you're not going anywhere. Just put that bag away." He was acting like a kid and throwing tantrums.

You were thankful for the sudden courage you got at the moment. You lifted the knife placed on the dining table before leaving house and pointed toward your neck. Seungcheol looked at you with wide eyes filled with fear. The sudden action of you shocked him too. "Cherry, What you doing. Put the knife down." His voice soften but panic evident in it.

"No" you whispered pushing the blade into your flesh causing the string of blood to run along your throat. "Let me be at peace. I can't bear all this." You spoke further. Unexpectedly Seungcheol stepped away from you. For few seconds no one spoke a single word as you both kept starring at each other. This is it you knew you were free from him. No more bound to him. You dropped the knife and walked out of house in hurry that you didn't even noticed Seungjae, who returned from school and was standing outside the main door watching you two in chaos with tears coating his chubby cheeks.

This afternoon was gloomy making you feel more sad as you were taking steps going out from gate. You heard Seungjae calling you. Your heart dropped in your stomach thinking about him. Your mind unstable knowing the fact that Seungjae saw everything, but it's not the time to back off right? You have to move further. So you did, you started walking faster because if you saw Seungjae you might change your decision, you might again lose your freedom. You can hear Seungcheol calling Seungjae from distance. You hoped he will take Seungjae back home and kept walking.

"Eomma, Eomma" you can tell Seungjae was crying, which is why you remain firm on your decision to not look back. But your steps becoming heavy at the thought of what your freedom is going to cost you, you were losing Seungjae.

Suddenly you heard a scream of Seungcheol calling for Seungjae and a loud sound of vehicle crashing. You stopped in your tracks, your breath hitched. There was no more sound of Seungjae nor Seungcheol, everything gone silent. You turned around slowly to see a random car broken onto the nearby compound after hitting Seungcheol who was lying on road covered with blood and Seungjae on small distance looking at him with extreme fear.