chapter 5 ~ sleepover?

I sadly stared at the time on my phone, yup, still 7PM, we were all back in the changing room and everyone had already put their outfits back on. Kyle had helped cover me again, which I loved. The guys were all packing their bags or scruffily drying their hair with their towels.
"You ready to go?" Kyle turned to me and said. I of course was not, I wanted to hang out with him longer, but it was getting late. And I was exhausted from all the swimming. So I just nodded and followed him out into the car park with all the other guys. Stan's mom was giving him and Kenny a lift home, Cartman's mom was driving him home. Me and Kyle were walking home together, as he had offered to escort me home.
"Bye dude, see you at school tomorrow, you too (y/n)." Stan called out while getting into his mom's car, throwing his and Kenny's bags into the trunk. Kyle waved bye as they drove off, waving back through the window.
"Bye (y/n), my mom says hiii." Cartman said rolling his eyes when he leaped into the passenger seat of his moms car. I waved him and my aunt goodbye.
Now it was just me and Kyle. The air was cold and the wind played with my hair. I kept glancing at Kyle whenever we walked under the street lamps.
"So... Did you have fun? Sorry that I didn't let you hang out much with Kenny." Kyle anxiously said, scratching the back of his head. I gave him a bewildered look, sighing, I rested my head on his shoulder as we walked and quietly said in retaliation,
"I wanted to hang out with you, so thank you. This has been a great first day."
He immediately wrapped his arm around my shoulders, bringing me into his warmth. We walked in silence for a little bit, taking in the scenery of our quiet redneck mountain town. Kyle had to get used to my pace as he is taller than me, thus he walks faster, but he didn't mind. He just wanted to spend more time with me.
"Kyle, do you want to sleepover? My mom won't mind, and I'd appreciate your help on some homework, please?" I looked up at him, letting the stars in the sky reflect into my eyes. His face had gone red, but I couldn't tell if it was from what I had said or if it was just because of the cold temperature.
"Uh, yes, yeah! That would be cool, is it alright if I go grab some pyjamas from my place?" He quickly said, squeezing my shoulders even tighter.
"Of course!"

We made our way to his house and I waited outside while he went in to grab the sleepover necessities, but I noticed someone waving from an upstairs bedroom of the house, it was an excitable little boy with black hair, he seemed to be around 8 years old. I waved back giving him a big grin. He jumped up and down joyfully before disappearing out of sight. Kyle came outside with a backpack full of his stuff.
"Okay, I'm all ready now. I told my mom I'm going to Stan's house."
I giggled before asking,
"Do you have a little brother? There was a boy waving at me through the window."
He burst out laughing and said,
"Haha, yea! That's Ike, he's my adopted brother." He swung the bag onto his back before once again putting his arm around my shoulders.
"We'll he's very cute." He nodded in agreement, chuckling under his breath.

We walked all the way to my house and once we had made it there the time was already 9PM. My mom usually goes to sleep pretty early, so we quietly made our way inside, hoping not to wake her up, I led Kyle to my bedroom which was in the attic, a nice attic, but it was still the attic.

 My mom usually goes to sleep pretty early, so we quietly made our way inside, hoping not to wake her up, I led Kyle to my bedroom which was in the attic, a nice attic, but it was still the attic