But healing takes time

When Leo heard soft pounds coming from outside the med-bay he knew what was coming, he smiled the best he could while still feeling aching pain from his leg and looked towards the door as Raph barged in.

Leo immediately noticed the red bags under his big sister's eyes and his smile lowered a bit. Raph stared at Leo for a few more seconds before running over and hugging the slider, Leo hugged back his older brother the best he could while trying no to disturbed his aching leg. He felt water fall from the snapping turtle's eyes fall onto his head and tablet screen.

"Raph I'll be fine", Leo spoke out in a calm yet soft tone, Raph pulled away from the hug and looked him dead in the eye. "Please do not say that while you're missing more than half your left leg" Leo stopped smiling for a second but was quick to smile again, Raph seemed to notice, "Leo you know you're allowed to feel emotions about this right? I mean you just lost more than half your..... Oh.... Oh no.....", Leo felt his smile fall.

'NO NO NO NO NO HE CAN'T KNOW', he felt his body start to shake, he looked down at his hands shaking, he felt tears pour from his eyes, his breathing was erratic, his eyes blurred as if he was under water, his mind began to buzz, and his ear began to ring. The grip on his arms felt as if the skin under it was crawling, he ripped his arms out of his older brother's grip and wrapped them around himself, he dug his nails into his arms hard enough that he felt little tricks of blood flow down his arms.

His vision was pure white as if he was swimming in a white void."Leo, listen to my voice.", He heard someone cut through the ringing and immediately latched onto that voice, "Breathe in and breathe out slowly", Leo felt himself calm with each breath he took, he saw the milky white start to fade from his vision and he could see his older brother sitting in front of him, close to crying.

"Hey little bro... you back with me?", Leo could form the words in his mouth, so he nodded, "Good, good.... Can I hug you?", Leo once again didn't speak, only nodded. Raph slowly moved over and hugged his little brother.

Leo felt more tears pour down his face as he hugged his older brother back. A few minutes later Leo felt his eyes grow heavier and heavier and soon he felt himself fall into a deep pool of murky, black water