The ending we deserve, and the ending we need

The next two weeks began to look up for the four siblings, they started talking more about their problems and planning more sessions with Zip. Donnie currently had their three siblings in their lab for a surprise.

"So, while Leo was up and recovering, I started working on a little something!", Donnie then led them to the back right corner of their lab. There laid on a table was something covered under a tarp, "This my dear siblings will blow your mind!", Donnie strutted his way over to the other side of the table and pulled the tarp revealing something that the three were shocked to see.

There laid a light green robotic leg, wires protected by metal and light-yellow marks painted on, and clip on straps at the top. "Casey came to me and helped me with the design a bit so partial credit is due there, kids good at wielding gotta give him that too". Leo continued to stare at the leg surprise and something else unreadable sat on his face.

"You can't wear it for more than eight to nine hours or it will become uncomfortable as f", Donnie didn't finish the curse as they felt Raph stare bore into the back of their head. Leo continued to stare before he used his crutches to limp over and hug his twin. It took a couple of seconds before Donnie hugged him back, they separated a few seconds after that and Leo looked down the leg smiling, "let's try this bad boy out him?"

A couple of minutes later

Leo had finally strapped the leg on correctly and stretched his arm up making a grabbing motion with his hand. Raph steed forward and let Leo grab onto her arm spikes. Leo stood up and wobbled a bit still not used to him added weight of the leg just yet. After a few more seconds he let go of Rahs arm spikes and took a hasty step forward, he wobbled a bit more, almost falling but catching himself in the nick of time.

After a couple of minutes Leo was used to the added weight and began to get used to walking with the leg, still not completely having it down but it was the baby steps in a long process. "Okay I think that's enough for today hmm?", Donnie asked, stepping to the side of Leo.

Leo nodded, sat back down and clicked the strap waiting to fall to the side of the leg and felt the weight being lifted off his leg in an instant. Raph and Mikey came to each side of him and helped him up as Donnie walked over and handed him his crutches.

"Yeah, that's enough for today"

Leo walked out of the lab with his siblings feeling free as a butterfly and as happy as a turtle can be. Leaving any negative thoughts to be dealt with another day with his family.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And with that this story comes to an end

I hope you enjoyed reading this a much a I've enjoyed writing this!

I may make more Rottmnt content in the future, but for now I'm gonna sit back and enjoy the tears I have in my favorite mug.