Chapter 1: Loss

She looked at her hands, covered in oil. She had just gotten home from the absolute chaos that was prom, a night that couldn't go right for her. First of all, her date Brad ghosted her, second off, she was publicly embarrassed by Lizzy in front of her classmates, and then lastly, her "friend" went on a murderous rampage. But to top it all off, she was saved by the girl she was mean to, all because she wanted to impress Lizzy and Doll. She couldn't find any way to dry her hands off, so she did the unthinkable. She started licking the oil off, before noticing her cheerleading outfit. She was done with Doll and Lizzy, so she decided to wipe the oil on the outfit, and promptly throw it away. She sat on her bed, thinking about everything, worrying about what would happen tomorrow. Suddenly there was a knock at the door.

Rebecca:

"Come in!"

Her dad, Jack, walked in, and sat next to her, wearing his Sunday best, and scratched his beard, holding a tablet.

Jack:

"Hey, my little darling. I heard tonight was rough, for everyone, but I heard about what happened to you. I'm so sorry"

Rebecca:

"It's fine. I'm just disturbed by what happened. And I'm embarrassed."

Jack:

"Oh no... I'm sorry, I know what it's like, bein alone, thinking some lads are yer friends, when they aren't..."

Rebecca:

"Do you also know what it's like being stood up?"

Jack:

"O-oh! Brad... well about that..."

Jack handed Rebecca the tablet, which had a list of deceased and missing drones, and on the missing list, was Brad, and her heart-or the equivalent-sank. She started to tear up.

Jack:

"Honey, I'm so sorry..."

Jack put his arm around Rebecca. She turns to him, and starts crying into his chest, and he just hugged her, and patted her on the back.

Jack:

"It's hard for us all, they decided to cancel school tomorrow, so others can mourn."

Rebecca sat back up, and looked at the tablet again.

Jack:

"I'm here if you need anything, and so is your brother."

Rebecca:

"Thank you dad. I just want some time alone..."

Jack:

"I understand. I'll give you some time..."

Jack got up, and left the room, closing the door behind him. Rebecca laid down on her bed, and grabbed a framed photo of her, Doll, and Lizzy. She saw her expression, full of sorrow. She noticed something off, something was up with her right eye. Suddenly, the glass of the framed photo cracked. She was startled, and dropped the photo. She backed away from the photo, and was scared. She recognized the symbol on her eye, it was the same one Doll had at the prom. Her mind started racing. Does she have those weird powers? Is she gonna go crazy? Is she safe? More importantly, is her family safe? She needed to find someone to tell this too, but she didn't know who... what is she going to do? Well right now, she decided to get into her pajamas, and get under her covers, and attempt to fall asleep, still thinking about tonight...