Chapter 9: Experience

After a long school day, it was finally time for the day to end. Rebecca started walking back to her appartment with Adam, when the was an announcement on the PA system.

"ATTENTION ALL COPPER 9 HIGHSCHOOL STUDENTS, PACK YOUR BAGS AND MEET AT DOOR NUMBER 3 IN ONE HOUR!!!!"

Adam:
"Wow, leaving today? Ah shit! I-I'll be back i gotta pack!"

Before Adam could leave, Rebecca grabbed his arm. He turned to her, and Rebecca gave him a small peck on the cheek.

Rebecca:
"I guess... we'll sit together on the bus?"

Adam was blushing, as he gave her a soft smile.

Adam:
"Yeah... totally!"

Rebecca let go and Adam rushed off to his apartment. Rebecca walked in to her apartment, waving to her mother and father, and she saw Thad was nearly done packing. She went into her own room, and decided to get changes, throwing on a pink skirt, some normal boots, and the camp shirt she got, leaving the oversized one in a pile of other clothes she had, deemed the "Pajama Pile" by herself. She packed in items like a jacket, shorts, her mp3 player, and anything else she could fit. She walked out of her apartment with her brother, and made their way to door 3, talking while they walked.

Thad:
"So... you and Adam getting close, huh?"

Rebecca:
"Y-yeah! So what? He's nice... really nice.... anyways, aren't you dating Lizzy right now?"

Thad:
"Its kinda complicated... shes still hung up on Doll going missing... and I've been doing my best to help her."

The two kept walking as they reached the door. More and more students arrived, rushing in to get there on time. Adam arrived, now wearing the camp shirt instead of his hoodie. He had a giant bag, along with his guitar. Suddenly, door 1, 2, and 3 opened up, and there was a bus driver, attempting to calm down the bus, which was being problematic. Eventually, the bus calmed down, and students were able to get in and put their luggage away. Everyone piled in, to the point where the bus was almost full. Rebecca sat next to a window in the back. Adam struggled walking by with his bag but managed to reach Rebecca. He put his bag and guitar away. He sat down next to her, as Rebecca yawned.

Adam:
"Tired?"

Rebecca:
"Yeah... how long is this drive anyway?"

Adam:
"About 5 hours."

Rebecca:
"Holy shit! That long?"

Adam:
"Yeah... at least you can get some sleep... oh! I also brought this!"

Adam pulled out his blanket that he had at his place last night. He then draped it over him and Rebecca. Rebecca pulled her legs up to her chest, and put her arms around them, and she leaned her head on Adams shoulder.

Rebecca:
"Thank you so much! You're like... the best..."

Adam laughed a bit, before taking his arm and wrapping it around Rebecca, as he leaned his head on her head. The two were smiling... and eventually... fell asleep together... once again...