Chapter 5: Discomfort

Rebecca was in a room, a blank, white room. She couldn't hear any noises; she couldn't even hear her own inner mechanisms. Suddenly, a door opened, and Adam walked out. Rebecca was relieved to see him, but her body suddenly moved without her telling it what to do. Her right arm went out, and she looked to start using the solver. She tried stopping herself, but it was too late. She used it to rip Adam apart, tearing him limb from limb. She screamed, but she couldn't hear herself. She looked to her right hand, and saw a red string that led up to a hand, the hand of a drone? Before Rebecca could see who it was...

Adam:
"Rebecca! Are you ok?"

She opened her eyes. It was just another nightmare...

Rebecca:
"Y-Yeah, I'm good. I just had a nightmare... that's all..."

Adam:
"What happened in it?"

Rebecca:
"I'd rather not say..."

Even if Rebecca did trust Adam and considered him a friend, she couldn't tell him. He'd think she was crazy! Maybe she is... No! She isn't! She has to find out what's going on. She looked at the clock and realized... schools in 30 minutes! She has to get ready!

Rebecca:
"Thanks again Adam, I had a lot of fun... but, I have to get ready for school!"

Adam:
"Same here, I heard I'm transferring to another class, the same one my sister is in..."

Rebecca:
"Hey! Thats the same one I'm in!"

Adam:
"Awesome! Well, I should probably get ready too... see you in a bit!"

Rebecca:
"See ya!"

Rebecca grabbed her belongings, and ran off home, and walked in, to find her dad.

Jack:
"Where were ya?"

Rebecca was startled, and luckily thought of an excuse.

Rebecca:
"I was at a friends house!"

Jack looked Rebecca in the eyes, staring deep into them, like a knife was being stabbed into her eyes.

Jack:
"Hmmmmmm... Well, that's great! Well lass, ya better get ready!"

Rebecca:
"Y-Yes dad! Love you!"

Jack:
"Love ya too!"

And with that, Jack left the apartment, and closed the door. Rebecca breathed a sigh of relief. She got her backpack, straightened up her hair, and was going to walk out of the door, when Thad rushed out of his room, and ran to the door, and tripped.

Rebecca:
"We have plenty of time to get there, no need to rush!

Thad:
"Yeah, I know, but I'm stoked to meet the new kids joining us!"

Rebecca:
"I thought we met most of them at prom?"

Thad:
"Not all! some stayed home. Anyway, lets go!!!!"

Rebecca:
"Never seen you this excited before, except that one time when Uzi decided to come back from her "Banishment.""

Thad:
"Well, she saved my life! Like...1...2...3 times!"

Rebecca:
"Yeah, she saved my life too..."

The siblings walked out, and walked down to their classroom, which had many people missing, with of course the most noticeable being the absence of Doll. Rebecca saw Uzi talking with... one of the murder drones?!?!? Why were they in the classroom? She shyly walked over to her.

Rebecca:
"H-Hey Uzi..."

Uzi:
"Hey Rebecca."

Rebecca:
"I just wanted to say-"

Uzi:
"Sorry for the book thing? Yeah, you're good, I guess..."

Rebecca smiled, and looked up to the murder drone, and became frightened.

???:
"Uzi! Is this one of your friends?'

Rebecca:
"Huh, umm, uhm!"

Uzi:
"Sigh, yes N, this is one of my friends!"

Uzi smiled a bit, motioning to N, who had his hand out. Rebecca took his hand, and would shake it, before lowering it to her side.

N:
"I'm Serial Designa-"

Uzi:
"N, you don't always have to do that every time you introduce yourself."

N:
"Oh! Sorry Uzi! Its nice to meet you Rebecca! Any friend of Uzi's is a friend of mine!"

N had a goofy smile on his face, and Rebecca smiled again, happy that there was some normalcy. Suddenly, the other murder drone walked in, wearing a black sweatshirt and jeans. And she had... glasses?

N:
"Hey V! You look nice in those new clothes!"

V:
"Shut up loser! They made me wear this because of some dress code! and plus, you have to wear pants now!"

N:
"Eh I guess you're right!"

The teacher then walked in, holding a clipboard, and adjusting his glasses.

Teacher:
"Alright everyone, sit down... we are starting class... but before that..."