08.

Mitsuya requested a change of shift for a day and was approved. That's why he can stay with Haru today.

Both of them are currently inside Haru's grandmother's ward. It's a three patient ward but it's actually quite spacious since only her grandma's occupying the room.

There's a machine inside with lots of wires attached to her grandma. She's unconscious and just like what Haru said, her heart's beating slowly that every hour a nurse comes in to monitor it.

Mitsuya insisted on tagging along even though Haru said he didn't have to. But look at it now, she's sound asleep on the other bed. If I didn't insist, she wouldn't get a blink of sleep tonight.

He texted Luna where he is right now and asked Hiro if he could look after them for a day. When he got replies from both of them, he put back his phone inside his pocket. He's also absent from school but it's not like it's a big deal for him to miss an attendance.

For a couple of hours, he looked after grandma and Haru. Sometimes, he's receiving calls from his friends asking why he's not answering their group chats.

I'm on somewhere important

Draken: Lol important

Mikey: how important is it that you can't even see the flood chats.

Baji: Mikey's sulking. Go find a girl.

It's important like our bikes.

Draken: Lol like bike

Mikey:What's the meaning of 'lol'?

Draken: lasagna on lake.

Mikey: ha ha so funny. Why keep using it?

Draken: cause it's cool.

That's laughing out loud dumbasses.

Draken: lol I know. Mikey's so dumb af.

Mikey: af?

Draken: yes. Af.

Mikey:What the hell is that?

Baji: your really dumb

you're*

Baji: Your kicks are the only good thing to you.

Baji: Shut up, Mitsuya

The chats went too long just because the three were chatting useless. All acting dumb and dumber. He stood up and decided to take a look at Haru's sleeping face. Eventually, he took a picture and impulsively shared it at their group chat.

Of course, a flood of questions were asked again. But Baji suddenly disappeared while Chifuyu and Kazutora went online just in time to catch up on tea.

Mitsuya left them on seen when he saw Draken's message.

Draken: dude, she looked like in highschool. You a groomer?

Friends can't lie and that's true. The change of shift is supposedly for him and Haru to talk.

He decided to cut the ties. To make her agree to forget what happened in the past three days thinking that it was easy for both of them since it was only three days. And of course, since Haru wasn't into this in the first place that she's only going with the flow because he's her senpai, she can't say no.

Everyone can clearly tell how I am such a pushover in our relationship.

He can wait but what if while he waits Haru drifts too far away he can't reach? The feelings won't be reciprocated that it will only hurt on his side. Besides, if we do this at the same time, at least there's a chance I will forget her. He thought.

Yet after he saw how she cried last night, the plan in his mind went off. His feelings went off that he cannot agree to what is right or wrong by the law. Fuck the law, my feelings for her are valid.

He sighed and went out for a bit to have some time to think. He went to the hospital's chapel to reflect on his thoughts and pray for her grandma as well.

The first time I fell in love was in highschool but it was unrequited. She was the council president and Baji asked me to help him make a move on her. I was by her side for almost months but the one she ended up with was Baji.

I already expected that yet I still continued having feelings for her even though I was silent. I didn't make a move to her nor confess my feelings. And I know for a fact, that is actually the reason she ended up with my friend.

It took me years to finally move on from her and realize that what I felt for her that time might be what they call puppy love. It was real but it wasn't that real to be valid.

Now, I met Haru. I was amazed by her beauty at first and when I learned her age, I was taken aback. Seven year age gap is somehow a big gap. Especially since I am in college and she's barely on highschool. I don't fully remember what happened exactly but I didn't stop my feelings for her. I even pushed it and made a move.

Four days since she met me, not a lot happened but I managed to make some memorable ones. I gave a lot of thought to it. And leaving her alone would be the best choice for both sides.

Because in the first place, she seems reluctant around me. She even confessed that it's uncomfortable for her when she's with me in public places. She didn't bother to ask questions about me, meaning a high chance that she's not interested in me at all. Lastly, the age gap probably bothers her a lot even though she's not saying it. In that case, we're not even allowed to love each other...if ever.

But that face...

How can I peacefully leave her for good when I saw her like that? She doesn't have anyone around her. Life's too tough and she's still young... I have to guide her. I have to be on her side. She needs someone aside from her grandma.

He sighed. He doesn't know anymore. He knows to himself that he can't but he has to.

Mitsuya lasted for an hour inside the chapel. Repeatedly thinking about her and Haru. Thinking of good ways to do.

He stood up and decided to go back inside the room. It was already dinner time. For now, I'll ask Haru to eat dinner with me. He thought while walking in the hallway.

But he saw Haru. Being pushed out of the room so he sprinted to her. She's crying. Silently again.

"Haru," he worriedly called. She looked at him and immediately hugged Mitsuya. He hugged back and took a peek inside through the small open gap of the door.

His eyes widened when he saw a nurse beside the bed and trying to get a heartbeat on grandma.

Oh no...

-

:')