09.

She is tired. He is also tired. None of them got a little bit of sleep ever since then. Haru didn't bother to talk to him, all she could do was stare at the air and cry and cry. All of that, he witnessed it and stayed by her side.

"It's alright..." he comforted her as he rubbed her shoulders while she cried.

They're currently at the funeral home. The visitors are slowly making their way out after saying their condolences. Her classmates also visited to say theirs. They all wear black to mourn.

Mitsuya never leaves her side. He was there with Haru just in case her body gave up on her due to fatigue.

He's also fatigued but that doesn't matter right now. All he cares about is Haru. Now that she's all alone, she looks so helpless. The bags under her eyes tell him that she cannot go further anymore and it scares him.

"Takashi," she called and held his arm, "I'm alright. Go find yourself something to eat," she added with a husky dry voice. He gulped, hesitant to leave her side.

Mitsuya looks around to see if there's still some visitors around to look for her while he's away to get some food for them. When he saw one, he pursed his lips and nodded. He stood up and left the room.

Mitsuya sighed. On his way out of the funeral home, he bumped into a lady. He bowed but she didn't say anything , rather she gave him a piercing look like he did something wrong. Followed by her are two big guys in suits.

He shook his head and tried to look for a smoking area. When he found one he immediately got a piece of cigarette from his pocket and lit it up.

That woman... She's somehow familiar to me. It's like she's a resemblance of Haru... or am I just hallucinating?

"Mom, can you buy me the orange drink?" A pair of mother and son who also came from one of the funeral rooms arrived in front of the vending machine.

His eyes widened. "Shit,"

Mitsuya hurriedly threw away his cigarette that's not even in his mouth for a couple of minutes and started jogging back to their funeral room.

Shit. Shit. That's her mom, right? That lady who looks exactly just like her is her mom.

But wait. Why is he acting like this? Why is he so in a hurry when he just assumed that that woman is Haru's mom?

Back when they had dinner at Haru's place with her grandma, he had a small talk with her grandma.

-flashback-

"I hope Haru does not make it hard for you as her senpai," the grandmother was very grateful that Haru brought a friend home aside from Jikie for the first time.

Mistuya smiled, "I don't mind it at all, grandma. Haru's a nice girl," even though they just introduced themselves to each other yesterday.

"She's really a handful but when I see how you simply took care of her by sending her home and helping with the groceries, I knew you can be trusted with her future." Haha, even grandma likes me. Of course, I will take care of her even in the future without asking.

Mitsuya chuckled at the indirect compliment." Yes, I will do that with all my might. "

"You know, there's only the two of us here," Mitsuya nodded, "her parents left her here with me and they both started a new family, completely forgetting their first born."

He stopped. Didn't expect to hear that. He knew that Haru's mother is absent but he did not know about her father being the same case. Worse, he did not do what they did to Haru and her grandma.