(18)

Kendall's POV

"Your eyes...they're like his."

I was frozen beneath her, hoping against hope she'll suddenly remember everything. But she got up from my legs and left the room. I was shocked. Too shocked to even move, so I stayed there. In that room, where her scent lingered on the pillows. I fell back on to them and closed my eyes, blocking out everything. The pain was unbearable.

Ten minutes later, I heard Kevin calling me. I was almost asleep, too, so I was glad he did. I trudged out of the room and went down the stairs.

"Hey- what's wrong with you?" He asked, frowning. I glared at him. Everything.

"Oh, sorry." He mumbled. I grabbed my guitar and went outside into the studio. I was opening the door when I heard the crunch of fresh grass beneath a pair of feet. I looked behind me and saw Kira walking the perimeter. I stood there at the door, clutching the cold handle in my fingers, watching her- but she didn't notice me. She went on walking, slowly, muttering things under her breath, or they just sounded like that to me, they could be her simply breathing.

I gritted my teeth, choosing not to bother her because I had caused much enough distress already. I pushed the door open and switched on the light. I sat down on the couch, staring at my Gold records. I looked at Elevate- and then I remembered the Better With U tour with the guys. Kira was with us. We had only been together for two years, and it was my third tour with the guys. She said she couldn't stay two weeks without me, let alone two or three months, so she came along.

And now?

I chuckled at myself. Now she simply refused to recognize me.

I gazed at the gold record for another few moments until I began to strum the guitar resting on my leg and began to sing.

Kira's POV

Kendall was stressed. I could tell. I didn't know why he was so attached to me. Why was he taking care of me, or why he was in the hospital, literally the whole time, with me? Why was he being so generous? Did we have something?

He said we dated, but I don't believe him- but at the same time, I couldn't help but feel something for him, too. I didn't know what it was. It sure as hell wasn't love. Affection, maybe? I knew I loved my Kendall, not this one. The one with the floppy blond hair and the green eyes which were like this Kendall's. Sometimes I'd feel as if they were somehow connected. There was something about him that reminded me of Kendall.

"Bet you didn't notice,

First time that you were broken,

You called me up, and we talked till the morning...."

I heard a sweet melodious voice from somewhere. I looked up to see the light coming from the recording studio. That tune. That voice- I had heard it before. I couldn't remember where, but I knew it. I couldn't figure out what, but something seemed missing. Maybe more voices.

That song- something stirred in the hazy cloud of my memory.

A stage. Four men seated on high stools, under the spotlights. Thousands of girls screaming around me. One of the men, the one with the dirty blond hair- he scanned the people in front of him. Our eyes met. He smiled.

I gasped, clutching my head as the images flashed in front of my eyes. I sunk to my knees, my back against the huge tree in the yard. Without even realizing it, I began to sob. I was lost. I didn't know who were the men, or why that man smiled at me. I didn't know what I was doing in that crowd. I didn't know when that was from. I didn't even know who I was or what I was.

I felt vulnerable to everything.

"Kira?" A voice called through the darkness. His figure, silhouetted against the light behind him. He came closer, quickly and crouched down in front of me. Our faces barely inches away.

"Are you okay?" He asked, rubbing my back gently. I didn't answer, but fell into his arms, continuing to cry into his chest. "It's okay." He cooed. "I'm here. I'm here for you, Kira. Don't worry, everything will be fine." He said.

"You're not alone."