Chapter 1- Yeh Dosti hum nehi todenge

Its the final football match of the Nagpur college league. The game is between Xaviors College, Nagpur and Ramsagar College, Nagpur. Students of both colleges are shouting their lungs out. It is a tough situation its 88 minutes 40 seconds and the score is 2-2. Tension is building up as if none of the teams can score a goal now then the game will go to extra time. At that moment captain of the Xaviors college team ran with the ball toward the goalpost of the opponent team though there were three defenders to stop him and only one teammate to support there. The whole stadium was shouting "Virat".

Suddenly one defender jumped toward Virat's leg and Virat gave a last kick to the ball before falling down. The whole stadium was silenced in tension. They watched the ball flew towards the goal post, the goalkeeper missd it for a second and at 89 minutes 50 scond the ball hug the net of goal post. Finally the overjooyed students of winning team shout "goal".

Al the players of Xaviors college was hugging each other and celebrating at that moment from the gallery a girl in the college team jurcy ran towards field and hugged Virat. Virat brightly smiled towards her and said "Pakhi you are my lucky charm yaar."

Patralekha and Virat's friendship is famous in the college. People are habituated to seeing them together always. She never misses his football match and Virat her stand-up comedy shows. They become friends at their first day of college when Virat saved her from the bullying of seniors and helped her to find a good PG when she didn't get a set in the Girl's hostel.

Pakhi is basically belonged from Bhopal and come here to study at Xaviors college Nagpur. Virat brought Pakhi home when she was missing her family and homemade food. After getting affection from his family she becomes a regular visitor there. Her parents become grateful to the Chavan family for taking care of their daughter. So these two families also become friends because of their children.

But time doesn't stop for anyone so three years of college life ended and these tw best friends also start towards different paths in life. Virat cracked UPSC Exam and went for IAS training while Prtralekha choose the corporate world so went to pursue her MBA in a reputed college in Bangalore.

Though they were separated still they keep in touch over the phone. When Pakhi scored position in a reputed company in compass placement they met and celebrated their success at a party but regular meetings get fewer consecutively.

Both friends ride the ladder of success in a very short time, whining a few years Virat Chavan becomes District Magistrate of Nagpur and Patralekha Patil becomes Deputy General Manager, Management of a reputed Cosmetic company. Their demanding profession made their phone calls fewer in a year though none of them forget to call each other in special occasions.