Chapter 10 - kora kagaz

As per plan Patralekha and her husband Sameer shifted to London after a few days of their marriage. Patralekha told him before their marriage that she had feelings for her best friend Virat who is married to the love of his life Sai already so she would like to give their relationship a chance. Sameer was happy to get his first love as his wife and accepted the truth with an open mind. He only requested Patralekha to keep less contact with Virat in the fair chance of their new relationship. Patralekha agreed readily as she also thought to do that for two reasons. First, she really wanted to move on in her married life and secondly, if she talk much with Virat then he will read her inner thoughts and know in what situation she did the marriage.

In London, the newly married couple started their life fresh. They together set up their home and started to know each other properly. They started to spend time together but Sameer never forced their marriage on her. In fact when once she asked, "Don't you want to start the physical aspect of our marriage?" Sameer replied "No Pakhi, you are my gift from God. first I want to win your heart, I want your heart and soul. I was attracted t our inner beauty, not towards your physical beauty." Pakhi felt blessed listening to him but said "It may take months." he gave her his beautiful dimpled smile "I can wait for you till eternity Madam. I love you for your love I can walk the moon and back."

Time flows and slowly feelings started to develop in Patralekha's heart for Sameer." at the evening of Patralekha's birthday Sameer surprised her by arranging a get-together of her favorite people, her family and friends including Virat and Sai also. In excitement, Pakhi hugged Sameer and thanked him for giving her the best gift.

Sai was happy to see Patralekha genuinely happy. She was worried for her after the marriage and couldn't share her thoughts with anybody as per her promise. But seeing her happy Sai's mind becomes at peace. She pulled Pakhi aside and said, "Pakhi didi it looks like your poor heart couldn't help but fall for our juju?" Patralekha blushed hearing Sai and said "Sai nothing like this. It was just gratitude. But I like him, he is very cute and caring. he does all adorable acts to make me happy" Sai teased her again "Oho, Cute, caring, adorable, don't you think you should also add handsome?" Pakhi slapped her on the shoulder and both laughed out loud.

Virat and Sai stayed for a few days after the birthday at Pakhi's home. Sai noticed the couple minutely and one day when the boys were out talked with Pakhi. She said "Pakhi didi I was noticing you two for these few days. You behave like a teenage lovesick girl in front of Jiju sometimes. I think you fell in love with him. Think about it. And if this is true then tell him without delay." Pakhi this time didn't protest and said she will think. After Virta and Sai left she one day realized that she really fell for her husband and as per Sai's advice without delay confessed it to Sameer making him the happiest man on earth.

After confession, they went for a romantic vacation to start their married life in all senses. After this 2 years passed in bliss. Sameer and Patraleka visited India a few times during the birth of Sairat's twins, his family function, and Purvi's marriage. One day Pakhi come to know that she was pregnant. Sameer was so happy and they decided to shift back to India so that their child gets everyone's love.

Everyone was happy and waiting for their return. Pakhi's and Sameer's families prepared lots of things to welcome them but this happy event soon turned into a disaster. The flight in which Sameer and Pakhi were traveling get crushed and a maximum number of passengers either get killed or fatally injured.

Sameer died in the crash, and Pakhi survived the accident but she was severely injured and lost her baby. This was a big blow for Patralekha. It felt to her that her whole world become upside down. She wanted to die, but she lost all her wishes to live she blamed her fate to snatch everyone she love unconditionally. After getting discharged from the hospital she stopped talking with anybody. Her parents, Purvi, and Virat all failed to make her talk with them. Sai diagnosed her with depression.

After a few days, one day Patralekha left home at night leaving a letter behind. She wrote

Aai and Baba,

I am feeling suffocating here so leaving this place. I am not in a condition to keep in touch with any of you and want to stay alone away from you all for some time. Please don't try to find me, when I will feel right I will contact you. Inform Virat and Sai also.

Your Pakhi.

After that all tried o find her, there was a missing diary but it felt like she just vanished from their life. After searching for nearly 2 years all lost hope of getting news of her.