Chapter 7- Mera Yaar ki Shadi hai

Soon both the families of Virat and Sai decided to get them married. Virat called Pakhi to inform about his marriage. Pakhi fet that someone poured hot lava in her ears. She wanted to shout but she composed herself and said “wow thats a great news. So someone is going to be a husband soon.” Virat smiled listenin that and said “ya ya you have got the chances to tease me so contiue. But you have to be there for all the occasions and rituals so apply for leave.” 

Pakhi gulped another lumps in her throught and said “understand yaar Its absurd, I will attain your wedding but all the functions is tough.” Virat showed anger “you wil missout functions of my wedding, your bestie’s wedding. I will not talk with you.” he cut the call and Pakhi cried out loud. Pakhi’s sister Purabi who was in next room come running and  saw it. A broken Pakhi told everything to Purabi and she hugged her sister and supported her. 

Purabi advised Patralekha to skip Virat’s wedding to avoid her heart break any further seeing her love to become someone else’s husband. Pakhi also thought to do that first but Virat’s continuous call and request made her do the opposite. She decided to endure the heartech but give Virat the satisfaction of having his best friend in his wedding. 

As decided she reached the day before the engagement. The couple decided not to keep any gap btween engagement and wedding so the engagement was fixed just  5 days ago the wedding. Pakhi brought a platenum promise ring for couples, she though that after confessing her feelings for him they both will wear those. It was the most prized possession of hers. She gifted Virat and Sai those in their wedding. 

It was the happiest day for Virat and Sai when they signed the marriage registry certificate i front of their close family and friends as they becom legally husband and wife. They decided to held a small ceremony at home for this ocation on day before their engagement. Sai dnoned a pastel pink sharee with a white blouse while Virat wore a pastel blue Kurta with a white pant. 

Next day was their engagement, this day Sai wore Virat’s fevorite Blue lahenga ad Virat a deep nevey blue sherwani. This day they wore colour coordinated dresses. Virat and Sai bought customized rings matching with each other. The diamond rings were so similar in their elements that anyone can say this is a couple ring. But they engraved their partners name in the rings also.

Then instead od bachelor and hens party Virat and Sai hosted cocktail party. Here both Virat and sai chose comfortable western dresses and they enjoyed the party along with their friends. 

next day was  mehandi here Sai wore a green comfortable sharara and Virat matched her in a green kurta with white patiwala. The henna artist decorated her hands and legs with beautiful design and draw Virat’s image in her hand. 

Durig haldi Sai again wore a yellow and white lahenga with floral jewelry. Virat wore complete white for the haldi ceremony. Here all happily covered the couple with turmeric paste. 

In sangeet Sai wore a wine colour gown and Virat a silver sout. They complemented each other like match made in heaven. All the family and friends of the couple danced a lot. Finally the day of wedding come, Sai was looing eternal in a red Paithani sharee while Virat wore a cream and red Sherwani. And the last function was the reception. In reception Sai wore a white and gold lahenga and Virat matched her with a white and gold sherwani. 

The wedding was very difficult for Patralekha. She broke her heart numerous pieces with each rituals. But she being a girl wih self respect never let anyone see through her smiling facade to understand her immense pain. She reached the venue on the ocation of Virat and Sai’s registry. When the register declares the couple as hasband and wife she felt that her whole world shattered but in front of all she threw flowers towards the couple with smiling face. 

She many times helped Sai or Virat to get ready also suppressing her immense heartech. She was in a complex mental situation. She was sad for herself but she was also happy for her friend as he is getting married with love of his life. She slipped once during the cocktail where she druck a bit much but one of her old friend saved her from duing anything stuppid by taking her in her room. Sheperformed in sangeet in the song “Mere yaar ki shadi hai”. She felt that the song was written for her only. During their wedding she preyed for the couple, she prayed to God to give the couple every happiness and let them live their life happily with each other. During the reception her sister Purbi come and scolded her for knowingly enduring so much pain.