Chapter 5- Chhan se jo tuta koi swapna

In the evening Patralekha gets ready in a blue gown as blue is Virat's favorite. She did some light makeup and a sophisticated hairdo. When Virat come to pick her up in blue jeans and a white casual shirt he teased her "Yaar Pakhi this corporate world changed you. My jhalli tomboy friend is getting ready for a casual dining out with her friend in a sophisticated gown, hills and all"

Pakhi blushed imagining that he noticed her efforts but she said: "we are getting late and I hate being late so stopped pulling my leg and let go."

Both of them drive towards the restaurant. On the way, they had little chit-chat about their professional and family lives. When they reached Virat guided Pakhi towards the open-air rooftop leaving the amazing interior dining hall. The roof was decorated in a boho theme with swings, bin bags and simple wooden tables with colorful decorated items.

Virat pulled Paki towards a corner table where a girl was already sitted and busy sipping a hot beverage from a large cup. Pakhi was quite shocked that Virat is going towards an already occupied table. Pakhi stayed back to see the matter. She saw Virat reach towards the table and the girl stood up from her seat. She was wearing blue ankle-length jeans and a sleeveless white top paired with a snecker, her long silky smooth hair was tied in a ponytail, and there is very minimal makeup or no makeup with some slick gold and diamond jewelry. Her backpack is lying beside her. She is a real beauty in this simple attire. Pakhi was admiring the beautiful young girl standing in front of her.

As soon as Virat reached he said something to the girl irritatedly and she was defending herself by holding her ears. Pakhi walked towards the scene to intervene. After reaching the arguing pair she said "What's wrong Virat?" Virat replied without removing his eyes from the new girl "Yaar Pakhi who drinks tea at 9:30 pm before dinner? How many times have I told her not to do so but this girl never listens." the girl also replied looking towards him "Its green tea, I was existed with back to back operations so had a cup of green tea and its not harmful for health. Whos the doctor here?" Virat replied "I understand it was a hectic day but you will lose your appetite baby, that's why you eat so less." the girl touched his cheeks and said "Don't worry so much Veer. I will be fine and will eat a good mount."

Paki stood there shocked like a statue witnessing the scenario in front of her. She felt like somebody snatched the ground under her feet. All her dreams and hopes become shattered like a broken glass doll. Tears were all ready to fall down from her eyes but she fought back, she controlled her emotions with inhuman willpower and brought a smile to her face somehow so when the couple looked back towards her after a few minutes they saw her smiling with a quarry in her eyes.

Virat smiled and said "Sai this is Paki, and Pakhi this is my love, my life, my would-be life partner Sai. I wanted to tell you but when you said you are coming here I thought to surprise you by introducing the two of you." Paki understood the relationship between Virat and Sai after witnessing them but still listening to Virat was tough for her. She wanted to fall down on the floor and cry her heart out but she was holding her farm with dignity. There was a war going on inside her but outside the couple saw a blank face.

Sai smiled and come near Pakhi " I heard a lot about you. Veer keep talking about your college days. He is very lucky that he get a friend like you." This brought Pakhi to reality she smiled looked toward Sai and said "I can't say the same for you. You choose this idiot who is always surrounded by lots of people and stays busy and do you believe he never said a word about you to me."

After a little chat, they sat down for dinner. During dinner suddenly Pakhi received a call. She excused herself saying that "guys there is urgent work I need to short out. Yo two carry on I need to leave. Don't word Virat I will book a cab." Virat first objected but later agreed.

Pakhi broke down in tears as soon as she entered her room. She lay down on the floor and cried uncontrollably. This is the first time she doesn't have anyone to share her pain with. She always shared everything with Vrat only and now it's not possible anymore. First time in her life she felt alone in this world as she can't share her pain with anybody now.