Chapter 8- Ek rishta aaya hai

At the reception of Virat and Sai Patraekha's sister Purbi come there in casual wear. As soon as she entered the venue she started searching for her sister. Soon she found her sister standing among al her college friends with a forceful smile on her lips clapping her hands while watching the newly married couple to dance romantically forgetting the whole world.

Purbi felt bad for her sister. She is standing among all her good friends but none can understand her grief and pain underneath her facade of fake happiness. She wonders "Does my sister is s good actress or do her friends get so busy in their lives that they forget to read her eyes like her so-called best friend who is so busy in his happiness that he forgets about her." the reverie broke when the dance ends. She quickly went to her sister and said "Di pack your things we need to leave soon, I booked our flights." Virat noticed her and come to meet her.

He said to her "Hi Purvi, long time. How are you/" she turned towards him and with a fake smile said "Hi Virat Dada I am fine. Congratulations." then she turned to her sister and said, "Di hurry up we have a flight to catch." Virat asked "Why so hurry Purvi? You just came. I requested Pakhi to stay for a few more days. Tomorrow our friends are going for a long drive." she turned towards Pakhi and asked "he requested and you agreed. Wah!! Why do you so love to give pain to yourself??"

Then she turned again towards Virat and said "You say yourself her best friend right? But couldn't even understand that she is unhappy and in immense pain! You are so immersed in your own happiness that you didn't understand that your so-called best friend is faking her happiness." Virat this time asked Pakhi "What happened? You haven't said anything, you generally say everything to me." Pakhi tried to brush it off but Purvi said again "It's really great that you get married to the love of your life. but for once imagine a situation where you have to witness the love of your life doesn't have feelings for you, she fell for someone else and you have to witness her marriage in front of you." Virat flinched in pain imagining his Sai marrying someone else.

Purvi noticed it and said "You flinched in pain imagining the situation but my Di lived the moment with a smile on her face, she was not only witnessing but participating in all the rituals and functions of her beloved marriage for his happiness. And I really can't allow her to hurt her anymore." Virat stumbled upon hearing it and Sai supported him, he looked towards her with a question in his eyes. Pakhi said "Believe me Virat I am happy for you and Sai. I am happy that you two get your love. I accepted my destiny."

Purvi realized the situation and said "I am sorry Virat Dada for spoiling your function, it's really okay that my di fell in love with you but you fell in love with Dr. Sai. it's really gatted that you get married to the love of your life. I am not complaining about any of these. I am complaining that you all are forcing her to witness it. I know love always not means to get your loved ones I just don't want her to get hurt by being present here. That's why I am taking her with me." nobody stopped her and Pakhi left with her sister. She was angry with her sister for telling her about her feelings in front of Virata and Sai. She knew very well they will blame themselves for not understanding her sorrow and becoming a cause of it.

After coming back from the wedding Patralekha remained silent and busy with her work for many days. She has taken responsibility for excess work so that she doesn't need to talk with anyone or spend some alone time. Her family members tried to talk with her but she ignored. Purvi told them everything and they want to console their daughter but she was too busy for that.

Virat also called her multiple times to talk with her. But she refused to take any call of his as she doesn't want to hear his guilt talks and consolation.

At that moment one of her cousin's weddings comes after 6 months of Virat's wedding. Her family thought that she will not attain the function but surprisingly she agreed to attend it as she is very close to her cousin and doesn't want to cause sorrow for her. At the wedding, her uncle's friend and his wife liked Patralekha for their son Sameer. They approached Patralekha's parents for her hands. As they knew the mental condition of Patralekha they said that they will talk with her and let them know. Patralekha's parents like the perspective groom and the family but considering Patralekha's mental condition they were hesitant to talk with her.

On the wedding day, Sameer approached Patralekha and expressed his fondness for her. He also informed her that his family talked about their alliance with her parents but they asked for some time. Patralekha was shocked to know all this. She politely behaved with him and said her parents will talk with his parents later. Sameer forwarded his card and said if she want to talk with him regarding any matter he will be glad, she took the card and bid him goodbye.