Dreams

-Mentions of Abuse-

Eridan's Pov-

I don't remember falling asleep, but I really wished I hadn't.

 "You stupid brat! You're the reason Hiraku is dead!" He raised his hand. I flinched , as the arm came back down. The strike was quick, not even five seconds long. The sound of skin to skin contact  echoed through the empty house. I wished Cronus was here. He would protect me. "Don't  cry. If you cry, it'll get worse." I looked up to see Cronus standing in front of me. He was looking at me  over his shoulder. His cheek was  slightly red. "Cronus..." I whispered. He smiled at me. "Everything's okay now. You can go play if you want." Cronus turned back to our dad, as I ran off. I don't remember much after that.

 Later, these people showed up. A girl with long brown hair and eyes of gold. She smiled sweetly as she looked over a Cronus. "You're a brave one. How old are you?" Cronus cradled me in his arms. "Eight."  The girl nodded. "You are a big boy. A young man I should say. Don't worry, we'll take good care of you." She reached out to touch him, but he backed up. "Don't." The girl's head tilted to the side. "Hm?" Cronus sat me down. "I don't want you to take care of us. I can do that myself." The girl smiled. "Oh, you can't do that. We must get you out of here. It's not safe. I mean look at you." I looked over at Cronus. He was covered in bruises and dried blood. "I'm fine. Don't worry about me. I can take care of myself. And I can fucking take care of my brother without your damn help." The girl blinked and took a step back. "Where did you learn that language from?" I stepped to talk to the girl. "Papa speaks like that all the time. Only when he drinks though." I looked up at her. "Are you gonna take us away? I don't want to leave." I turned to Cronus. "Cro, takes real good care of me. And Papa does too. I love it here." I turned back to the lady. "Can we stay here?" The girl sighed, but smiled. "Yes. I guess you can." I smiled and looked at  Cronus. "Isn't that good Cro? We get stay here with papa!"

I sat up in bed. Why did I have a dream about that? I don't remember any of that. I do remember talking to Cronus about being in foster care. And he told me that he kept me from going. But this was not how a remembered it. How do I not remember something this important. I looked around myself, lying  next to me was Sollux. His eyebrows were scrunched together and his breathing was shallow. He must be having a bad dream or something. I wondered what it could be about. I poked his cheek. Sollux rubbed his face where I had poked him and turned over. "How cute." I whispered, before slipping back down under the covers. I would get some sleep without weird dreams. or at least try too.

Moki! Here you go. This chapter was inspired was by an RP done by Kora (aka Hexus) and myself. Alright see ya.