On the Battlefields of the Great War

Ozpin: World War 1?

Ant357627: That's right.

Oobleck: You mean the Great War-

Ant: I mean Earth's Great War.

This got everyone quiet.

Ant: Anywoo, without further ado. Let's start this thing. Oh and Y/n.

Y/n & F/n: Yes?

Neo: Wait what?

F/n: Oh right. I used my middle name. My first name is actually Y/n F/n L/n 28th.

John: I guess that makes it less confusing of which Y/n we're talking to.

Ant: Right. Just a heads up this one is going to show not just Y/n's ancestor, but reincarnations of you guys.

Ruby: Really? That's-

Ironwood: Ruby don't.

Ruby: Huh?

Oz: Remember, Ms. Rose. War is not......a pretty sight. So be prepared.

Clover: Plus Ant did warn us.

Ant: Thanks. Alright let's start this shit.

The screen darkens as the video began.

An African American man is seen sleeping on his bed as the song "Dream A Little Dream Of Me" plays throughout. The man shifts in sleep, seemingly in anxiety, while a woman tries to calm him down.

Ava:*surprised* Holy crap, that's Great Uncle Louis.

Beth: It's going to a flashback, isn't it?

Some of the others had seen similar tropes from movies, games and TV shows back on Remnant.

Qrow took a long drink out of his flask.

Qrow: At least the music is calming.

Louis suddenly opens his eyes, and the scene cuts to a World War I warzone. Louis is revealed to be a Harlem Hellfighter, he wakes up lying in the mud and is pulled up by another soldier. As he slowly recovers his senses, he sees many American, French and Imperial German soldiers stabbing or beating each other to death, while the song continues to play.

Port, Willow, Klein & Kali: My word.

Oz: Indeed.

Ozpin no longer felt like he could drink from his mug and placed it on his small table.

Oobleck shared the same sentiment, but retained his observant trait, analyzing everything that is happening on screen. Glynda had covered her mouth with a frown. Seeing that this was a good time to get on her good side, Ironwood and B/n placed a hand on both of her shoulders and gave her a reassuring pat.

One German soldier charges at him with his bayonet, but the Louis dodges the attack and stabs him with his combat knife. He then spun around looking lost, watching an ally soldier pushing down another German soldier and started pummeling him. Throughout the battlefield, barren of life; the soldiers continue to maim one another. Slaughtering each other with anything they can get their hands on as fire and explosions echoed in the distances. Screams of pain, hatred, fear, and so much more filled the air.

Raven: Fuck me.....So, this is war...

Ren: No. A Great War.

Roman: They're tearing each other like rabid beasts.