Dean in Action

"What the hell was that?" Dean yelled as he walked into the motel room. I just glanced up at him before returning my focus to the television. He groaned before stomping off into the bathroom. He slammed the door behind him, and a minute later the water kicked on.

I took the sleeping pill bottle from the bedside table and downed two. I was out within a matter of minutes.

"I have to, uhm, go hunting," Dean hisses at me sometime later. "Carmen, wake up."

I sit up drowsily and give him a glare.

"Stay here," he says with a growl in his voice. "Why wouldn't I?" I ask him in a harsh tone.

He just gives me a glare while he packs up his things. "So what do you think it is?" I ask.

He just looks at me. "Look, I get it. You lost your family. You're upset. But a little girl like you doesn't want to get tied up in shit like this. Just mind your own business, would ya?" He barks.

"You know what, Dean? You grow up a little when a damn demon kills your baby sister and kidnaps your parents. I thought you would have known that," I spit back. It was still a lot the grasp, the boys story, even though it's been a few days. The room was quiet for a few minutes.

"Do you know how to shoot a gun?" Dean asks with an eyebrow raised, his voice soft now. "Of course," I scoff, taking the pistol from him. He looks over at me, surprised. "What'd you expect?" I ask.

He shrugs. "I drive a badass car, I wear badass clothes, why can't a shoot a gun like a badass?" I question him, crossing my arms. He smirks at me.

"It's just that most badass girls I know always want to come along on the hunt," he says.

"Well, just because I'm not stupid, doesn't mean I'm not a badass," I tell him, walking into the bathroom.

Dean leaves shortly after I come out. He leaves a flask of holy water and a canister of salt on the table by the door, and I tuck the pistol into the waistband of my shorts.

It's just me for a long time, sitting and watching tv. But then a man appears in front of the television, causing me to jump from the bed and reach for my gun. He wears a trench coat and a suit. Eyeing him, I realize he's the angel that the boys told me about.

"You're Castiel?" I say to him, which earns a curt nod of his head. "Where's Dean?" He asks.

"Out getting information for a hunt," I reply, keeping my palm rested on my gun.

And then he's gone. I raise my eyebrows and glance around the room. This stuff is freaking insane. I guess angels really do freaking exist. It takes a while before I settle back into the bed, returning to the only show on other than porn.

***

Dean comes back later in the evening, muttering all kinds of curse words. "What's with you?" I ask after a while, tired of hearing his complaining.

"I suck at talking people into things," he says, holding the bridge of his nose. "Sam always does the talking. I have to burn the bones of the girl that died, but she's buried in a rich person's cemetery or something. There's two guards that watch the place."

My eyes widen. Burn her bones? Maybe he was right- I'm not ready for full supernatural yet. I see the predicament though. He was bad at talking. Then I think of all the times I've flirted with bartenders until they've sold me drinks. "I could probably get you through the gates," I tell him. He looks up at me, surprised.

Then he shakes his head from side to side. "No way, Sammy will kill me."

"He doesn't have to know," I reply, going over to my bag and grabbing an outfit. I go into the bathroom before he has time to argue. I put on some of my shortest shorts and a black shirt that clings to all the right places. I smooth self-tanner onto my already tan skin and dust makeup over my face. I blend black into the crease of my eyes and apply mascara, eyeliner, and red lipstick.

I throw on some black leather boots and my leather jacket before opening the door. "Holy shit," Dean breathes when I walk out, and I make a disgusted face. "Keep your eyes to yourself, Winchester," I mutter before walking out the door and sliding into the impala.

Dean joins me in a few moments. We drive the short distance to the graveyard before I tell him to park about a mile away. He looks at me like I'm nuts, but obeys and parks down the street. He slings his duffle bag over his head before looking over at me with raised eyebrows.

"We're going to walk up there, and you're going to go around back when we get close enough. Then I'm going to go up to the guards and talk them into walking to the car with me. It'll take a while for them to get here and get back. Text me when you're finished. If you aren't done by the time we start walking back, I'll ask them to go out for drinks or something, okay?"

Dean thinks about the plan for a moment. "Sam isn't going to like this," he mutters before walking towards the cemetery.

I shake my head at him before following him down the sidewalk. I look up at the sky for a long time, watching the stars. "Do you ever wish you could escape it?" I ask Dean randomly. He looks over at me, his eyebrows furrowed. "I did once," he mutters quietly.

"Why'd you come back?" I ask, confused.

He glares over at me before saying, "It's a long story."

"Good thing we have a long walk then."

He sighs loudly and looks up at the stars. "When Sammy jumped in the hole to stop Lucifer, he made me promise to try to live a normal life. I went to a girl I met a long time ago, her name was Lisa. I had a normal life. She had a kid, Ben. He looked up to me like I was his father," Dean tells me.

"Lucifer is real?" I ask surprisingly. He glares at me. "Sorry. What happened?" I ask him, almost feeling bad for him before feeling a pang in my chest at the thought of my old, normal life.

"I had Cas erase their memories of me. They kept getting hurt because of me, and when Sam came back I had to start cleaning up our messes again," he replies.

I nod, listening to the silence of the night. "Cas stopped by today," I say.

"Yeah, I know. He wanted to tell me something about Crowley. There's something fishy going on."

***

The plan worked great, though I had to have drinks with the guards for a long time. In the end, I had to make up an excuse as to why they couldn't take me home. Dean had some trouble with the spirit, but eventually we both came out of there alive and well.

We decided to go to a bar to celebrate.

"So your first hunt, what'd you think?" Dean asks me as he takes a seat by me. I roll my eyes.

"I didn't hunt. I was just a distraction," I reply. I shift in my seat when I see him rake his eyes over my body, making me uncomfortable. "Well, I can't say that you didn't do a damn good job," he mutters, and I can practically see the lust in his eyes. I wrinkle my nose at him.

"We should get out of here," Dean rambles after a while. I snap my head towards him before saying, "What's wrong with you Dean?"

He shrugs and winks at me. "You know what, I'm going back to the motel. Find somebody else to take your hormones out on," I mutter angrily before walking back to the motel.

I'm only there long enough to shower and change before there's a knock at the door. Pulling my pistol out, I hide it behind my back before opening the door.

"It's just me. I'm back," Sam says.