Date Night

"Sam, I can make my own food," I tell him. He gives me those damn puppy dog eyes until I give him the pan. I cross my arms and huff before I feel a warm body embrace mine.

"Just a few more days. We like taking care of you," Dean says from behind me and places a kiss to my temple. I relax into his form, taking in the scent of cars and worn leather. I had been home for about a week, and I could stand on my own now. The boys had been watching me like a hawk though. Cas even stopped in a few times to check on my well-being.

After that kiss in front of the hospital, Sam spent the whole ride home talking about how he had been waiting for this forever and how we better keep it quiet at night. Dean shot him more than one evil glare.

Dean seemed happier though, even with his brother's teasing.

"Don't do that in the kitchen," Sam whines, handing me a plate of waffles.

"What're are these?" I ask, scrunching up my nose.

"Waffles?" Sam says, confusion clouding his features.

"I was making pancakes," I tell him.

"They're the same thing," Sam says, causing Dean to chuckle lightly and lean against the fridge to watch my reaction.

"What? They are not the same thing. They're cooked completely differently. Waffles are all chewy and embroidered. Pancakes are light and fluffy," I argue, pushing the plate towards Dean. He greedily takes them, digging in with large bites.

"Fine, I'll make you pancakes then. Maybe I should have just let you do it," Sam mutters grumpily, pouring more ingredients into the mixing bowl.

I sit down at the table, taking a long swig of my spiked Mello Yello. The boys hadn't let me drink any alcohol lately, because I was on painkillers. I didn't see what the big deal was. They had swallowed down pills with a shot of whiskey for crying out loud. I took it upon myself to dump a little fireball into my two-liter Mello Yello one night. The boys never knew.

"Here," Sam says with a huff, placing a beautiful plate of pancakes in front of me. A grin lights up my face as I dig in, drenching them with syrup. Dean watches me eat with a smile on his face.

"What?" I ask with my mouth full.

"Nothin'," he says, but continues to smile. After I finish my food, Dean and I go out to the garage. He said he finally fixed Baby and wanted to show me the old hose he took off.

"Gosh, that thing must've been on there for forever," I mumble, looking at busted rubber. Dean nods before going over and leaning in the window of the car. He reaches over and turns the motor over, causing it to crank to life just like it's supposed to.

"I have to admit, she is beautiful," I mutter as Dean walks back over to me. The car was gorgeous. The chrome and the jet black gave it an amazing appearance.

"Like you," Dean says softly, encircling me in his arms and pressing his lips to mine.

"So, I was thinking maybe we could do a date thing tonight," Dean wiggles his eyebrows, making me laugh.

"Eh, I don't know," I say, unsure. Even if I was finally accepting my feelings for Dean, I wasn't much for big fancy dates and lovey dovey surprises.

"Come on, it'll be fun. And if you don't like it then you never have to go on another date with me again," he says, leaning in to kiss me again. I eventually nod. Something about those green eyes made me accept.

"Sammm!" I was yelling sometime later that evening, fighting for the remote.

"I had it first!" He exclaims, holding it several feet above my head. Dean laughed as he entered the room, watching me jump like a dog for the remote.

I barely catch Dean give Sam a look. Sam huffs before handing me the remote. "I'll see ya' tomorrow, guys," he mumbles, grabbing his jacket from the back of the couch.

"Where's he going?" I ask Dean.

"A motel. Our date's ready," he replies, taking my hand and pulling me towards the kitchen.

"Ready? I'm not even dressed-" I trail off when we walk into the kitchen. The lights were slightly dimmed and one single candle flickered from the table. There was a plate of diner fries and four take-out burgers stacked in a pile.

"There's a stack of movies in my room and ice cream in the freezer for later," Dean says, smiling at me.

"I thought," I try to start.

"I thought you'd like this better," he replies, taking his seat. I sit across from him and pick up a burger. Dean's already digging in, shoving fries in his mouth. I can't help but laugh.

"What?" He asks.

"You're a dork," I reply, popping a fry into my mouth. He just grins back, taking another big bite of his burger. It was a nice night. Dean was super sweet the entire time. We watched every batman movie known to man and emptied a box of ice cream. I fell asleep in his arms.

I had never really had a relationship with a guy, but Dean was perfect. He wasn't too clingy, too lovey, or too perverted. It was easier to sleep together because we had already done it that drunken night so long ago. He was gentle. Sure, he was overprotective sometimes, but I've never had anyone's eyes shine towards me like the way his do.

Being with Dean was so easy, I forgot why I hadn't done it sooner. I stopped blaming my green eyed boy. He would have never hurt me on purpose.