7 - No More Adventures

Y/N's POV

The day went by pretty fast. But still, I keep thinking about everything that happened at breakfast and afterwards. Noticing Sebastian staring at me made me curious. Why was he staring? What was going on inside his head? But I didn't want to ask him, ever since I felt like misinterpreting things.

I noticed some stares here and then throughout the day. While herbology class he often glanced at me. Once I returned a glance, he'd look the other way. I kept wondering if I've done something wrong? If there's something off? Did I look strange? Anyways, after checking several times and even asking Poppy, I knew that nothing was weird or off-putting.

Anyways, the time came to go to Hogsmeade with Sebastian. I remember going with him there the first time, back when I knew near to nothing about him. Now things are different. And I feel different. But I don't know if it's in a logical way.

When the time has come, I walk towards the east entrance to Hogwarts. I see Sebastian waiting for me, while leaning again a wall and having his arms crossed in front of his body. I wonder how he was always just on time, ever since Ominis told me that he usually is late or even forgets about meetings in the Undercroft.

I walk towards him, until his gaze reaches me. His neutral look turns into a happy one, almost a smirk. I return a genuine smile.

"Glad you're here" he says. "Mind stopping by the forbidden forest so I could gather some materials?"

"Of course I don't. First adventure of the year I'm guessing." I say with a gentle smile.

"I thought you wanted to go on less adventures?" he asks teasingly, raising an eyebrow.

"Guess you should be honored, Mr. Sallow, ever since I make an exception for you." I tell him teasingly. I can feel my cheeks heating and my heart pumping, just from this small conversation. I really would go on any adventure within, besides of my plans to not get in trouble this year. I would literally follow him anywhere. No matter if it is the forbidden forest or another dangerous cave filled with spiders - if he wants me to be there, I will be. That's already something that I realized last year, even just as friends. (Which we are now too, of course. Nothing more.)

We decided to walk to Hogsmeade, ever since walking there was always quite the relaxing activity. You just had nowhere else to be and it seemed like time wasn't a thing. But first stop - the forbidden forest.

"May I know why I am willing to risk my precious plans of not getting into trouble for you?" I ask Sebastian and mister him. His hair is looking quite messy after today and the light of the setting sun makes the small portion of green in his brown eyes shimmer. The bright yellow-orange light also make his freckles even more visible, which isn't a bad thing.

"Very well, knotgrass it is. I'm thinking you can already precisely imagine what I need it for." he says while squinting, trying to look at me. And of course, I knew. Invisibility potions. As always. I wonder what mischief he was up for now, but I knew sooner or later I would know.

When we arrive at the forbidden forest, the sun was glimmering through the trees. It was quite a sight, I must say.

"Follow me, right over there is a spot where there's tons of knotgrass."

"I am certainly not surprised that you have your secret spots."

"Feel honored that I am even showing you, popular girl." he tells me with a smirk, glancing over his shoulder to me. I let out a chuckle, given nickname he just gave me. I found it rather annoying, but still felt the need to.

We proceeded into the forest, until we hear something. Sebastian seems to have a better look at where the noise was coming from and quickly grabs my arms with both of his hands and quickly hides us behind the rock, we were just passing by. His face was close to mine, so that I could feel his warm breath directly in front of me. He had a mix of concern and seriousness on his face, while lifting a finger up to his mouth, signaling me to be quiet. I nod, to let him know that I understand to be quiet and he lets go of one of my arms and moves, so that he's now next to me, with his back pressed against the rock as well.

I look intensely at Sebastian to get more information of to why we are hiding. He has a quick look behind the rock, to the turn to me and whisper "Poachers, at least ten, at maximum 15." A poacher camp? This close to Hogwarts? Bizarre.

"He wants us to get a kid? Why can't he do that alone? I mean, he is one of the mightiest men at the time?" I hear a feminine voice say.

"She has something he wants, so I don't care. As long as I get rewarded, I will do what he wants." a masculine voice answers.

Wait. Where they talking about me? It wouldn't be quite unthinkable due to the events of last year.

Sebastian looks confused, he most likely heard what I just heard. He quickly looks at me. "Do you believe we can take 'em down?" he asks with a now worried expression.

I give him a determined look. We've took way more down than this.

He nods back and starts slowly counting from 3.

"3-." Why where they talking about me? "2-." So many thoughts are crossing my mind, why am I once again in trouble? Why am I risking Sebastian's life again? "1!"

All the thoughts are gone. Now I needed to concentrate. As soon as we emerge from behind the stone, the first spells start flying towards the poachers.

Expelliarmus is the first spell I cast. From besides me I hear Levioso and Accio being used. With Bombarda I finish off 3 poachers at once and I can feel ancient magic building up, trying to escape my body.

"Sebastian, move!" I warn him, so he would not get hurt. Quickly, I release all of the build up magic and finish off a poacher by smashing him on the ground. Sebastian also finished of quite some poachers at that point. He has always been a good fighter and duelist.

Before I could react, a poacher runs towards me with a knife, ready to hurt me. He is screaming and ready to attack, once he turns to ice and is smashed into a thousand pieces. Sebastian used Glacius to save me. As I look over to me, he gives me an exhausted look, with a slight smile. We both thought that was all, but when my eyes shift behind him, I see a poacher casting a spell, that starts to make his wand crackle in green colors.

"Crucio!". I don't think about what I am doing. I am doing what is necessary to save Sebastian. Red, crackling lights shoot out of my wand and hit the poacher, who as a reaction falls to the ground and whimpers in pain. I really meant it. I can't imagine the pain, after every single part of me wanted to hurt him.

After realizing what just happened a few seconds later, I used the last bit of my ancient magic, to redeem him from his pain, which seemed unending. He turned into a thousand pieces within less than a second, just like he never existed to begin with.

For a few seconds, I have no idea what was happening. I feel like I'm in a void, an unending void. I don't repent what I did, but still I felt different. I used an unforgivable curse for the first time this year.

I get pulled back into reality by Sebastian standing next to me and having his hand holding my arm.

"(Y/N)? Are you okay? (Y/N)!" With that I snap back into reality and look him straight into his eyes. He looks endlessly worried and as soon as he realizes that I am somewhat alright, he pulled me in for a tight hug. "It's alright. Everything is alright." he speaks through my hair, while hugging me. I finally hug him back and nod, to ensure him that I understand that he's here for me and that I am well.

**********
Author's note

Hi everyone! I just returned from a school trip to Berlin and I am finally ready to write again. While I was there I actually brainstormed a lot and thought of a whole main story, that I am going to bring to reality!

I hope y'all like my story so far, because I finally found my joy in writing again. I am also trying to improve my writing by experimenting and using words that aren't usually in my vocabulary, ever since I'm from Germany.

Anyways, have a great week and I hope you liked this chapter!