The Party

It was Saturday at last. I was in such a hurry to get ready. My excitement was only matched by my anxiety. When I arrived at Leigh-Anne's house to leave for Dallas's party Tiana was still getting ready. A scavenger hunt. I'm so excited!

Leigh-Anne's grandmother took us there. I could feel butterflies up and down my stomach. "As I said before behave yourselves and no horseplay." Leigh-Anne''s grandmother warned. "Be careful of whats in your drink" My mother's words stirred in my mind.

It was 5:30 p.m. when the three of us arrived. I saw guests unfamiliar to me. The garage was wide open, Dallas's room I presumed. There stood Preston Charles and Dylan Sonders, two of Dallas's guests. Preston had chestnut brown hair with pale white skin, camo shorts, and a button-up shirt. Dylan wore a white shirt and jet black pants that sagged, his long black hair in a pony tail.

There wasn't much of a greeting. Dallas, his mother, and unexpectedly Carlos Perez from fifth period were in the kitchen cooking the meals. Dallas appeared later. He relayed us what he was busy with. Tiana and Leigh-Anne stood beside me infront of Dallas's room outside.

Minutes later a car horn sounded and new guests arrived. It was noneother than Jake ane Ali. The scavenger hunt took place soon after Sam Thompson arrived. Leigh-Anne and him didn't greet each other at all. I looked at Tiana and asked "Hey, is everything all right between them?" "I don't know, they're not talking." she replied. Dallas's mom said to get into two teams. Dallas captain of the 'Birthdays' and Dylan captain of the opposing team. Based on my entusiasm Dallas chose me, Leigh-Anne, Tiana, Ali, and Jake. Dylan chose Preston, Dallas's sister, Dallas's younger brother Brandon and his girlfriend, as well as Carlos Perez. We split up in opppsite directions searching for the objectives and then taking a picure of it to forward to Dallas's mother. Whichever team had the most pictures had the privledge to eat first.

My team rushed over the sidewalk and past palm trees in search of things such as a yellow automobile, a flag, an out-of-state license plate, and even an old shoe which at one point Ali volunteered to use his. Team 'Birthday' won, the team members in a fluster chanting "Birthday! Birthday! Birthday!" Afterwards we ate. It wasn't until the departure of Ali, Jake, Sam, and Carlos that I gained new friends. The silver walls of Dallas's room surrounded us. Brandon and his girlfriend disappeared near the bushes outside the house and Dallas's sister visited his room on occasion.

The pool table was where I found Preston and Dylan once more. Leigh-Anne was a far better player than I. Dallas was conversing with Tiana on his bed, Leigh-Anne playing pool with Dylan and Preston, and I was sitting on the edge of the bed. "I like him," said Dylan to me. I felt a connection between Leigh-Anne and Dylan.

When my parents were on their way to pick Leigh-Anne, Tiana, and I up Preston asked if the three of us were spending the night. Unfortunately I said no but a sleep over was always something I desired. I had never had one with friends. When the three of us left I observed the night lights outside. The stars were lit as was my happiness.