Chapter 6: Pewter City

We were all panting and exhausted from the first route. "I thought the first route was easy, man," Chalk said tiredly. "Look let's just get to a pokecenter, we need to heal our starters there" I said panting. We all slowly but surely made our way to the pokecenter. We enter the building to feel the cold breeze of the ac blow on us. I walked up to the nurse "Can you please heal our pokemon?" I said tiredly. "Of course! That's the point of our job! You 5 in the back give me your pokemon too, I can heal all of your pokemon at the same time" the nurse said. We all gave our starter pokemon to her, she used a weird machine to heal them. She gave our pokemon back and I sent out my litten. "He's completely healed! That machine is amazing!" I said in amazement. I put litten back in the pokeball. "Thank you so much!" "No worries, we are here to help," the nurse said calmly. "Also there is a pokemart right there" she point to "there you can get some potions to heal your pokemon and pokeballs to catch your pokemon, one last thing if you go up those stairs, there's beds you can sleep in when it turns night" "Alright thank you so much!" I said as I waved bye. We headed towards the guy she was talking about. We all bought 10 potions and 10 pokeballs each. "Now Alex, don't let your Treecko faint," Mage said. "Yeah yeah I know alright, I'll be more careful," she said. We headed out to the pokecenter to start exploring the city.

"According to the map we are in Pewter city, home of the first gym, the rock gym," Sky said.
"You're kidding me! I chose the fire type and the first gym is rock!" I yelled in pain. "Hey I also chose a fire type too, hopefully our starters learn a fighting type move soon" Chalk said trying to cheer me up. "Lets train up til our starters to level 10 then we'll challenge the first gym" Aria suggested. We all went back to route one and trained against the bird pokemon there. After about 30 minutes everyone's starter was level 10 except mine. "Come on, just a bit more litten, and please learn a fighting type move" I pleaded. After fainting another 5 pokemon he reaches level 10 and... "GOD DAMMIT, welp im screwed for the first gym, gotta pray luck is on my side" I said annoyed. Sky was comforting me as we headed for the gym. Oh yeah by the way, Chalk's chimchar learned a fighting move, I'm even more annoyed because of that too. We made our way to the gym, but was greeted with a sign that said... "gym closed, come back later.. Why the hell is it closed! We need to get the first gym badge!" I said. "The gym leader is probably busy, lets train so more then, hopefully your Litten learns a fighting type move by then" Aria said.