Chapter 8: A Good, But Not Good Enough Effort

I tried battling a team aqua grunt next. I beat him, but I struggled due to type disadvantage. I could see the same issue going with the others, but for different grunts. "Everyone! Once you're done with your battle, come over here!" I yelled. Everyone looked over and gave me a sign of agreement. A couple minutes later everyone groups up. "Why'd you call us over? We were destroying those grunts" Mage said confidently. "You guys were definitely not destroying grunts, I can tell you guys were all struggling" I said. "Yeah we were kind of struggling back there" Aria said in agreement with me. "Ok so what if we are struggling? We are still beating them" Mage said, a bit annoyed. "I've noticed a pattern with the grunts, they all use the same type of pokemon" I said. "Oh yeah I noticed it too! Rocket uses bug and poison, Magma uses fire and ground, and Aqua uses water!" Sky said eagerly. "Bingo, we all have a type strong against one of those members. So here's what I propose: me and Chalk will deal with team Rocket, Sky and Alex will deal with team Aqua, and Mage and Aria will deal with team Magma, does that sound good?" I said, sounding smart. Everyone nodded in agreement. "Alright let's finish these grunts off!" I exclaimed. We all ran towards the grunts assigned.

We were demolishing every grunts that came in the way of our path. We finally made it to where the generals were at. Team Magma and Aqua were trying to rob the red and blue orbs that can summon the legendary pokemon Groudon and Kyogre. While the Rocket general was trying to steal some fossils. "Hey stop right there!" I yelled. "What are you kids gonna do, you aren't strong enough to face us, now leave you aren't worth our time" The team magma general said in an overconfident tone. "We'll see about that" I said. We challenged them to a pokemon battle and... we lost well not yet. "We told you, you kids are too weak. We got what we wanted so we have no need to be here anymore" The team aqua general said laughing at us. A wall exploded behind them, the team aqua and magma general fled with the two orbs. Me and the rest of the group diverted our attention to Chalk who was fighting the team rocket general. Surprisingly he was able to hold out for a while, but eventually his Chimchar fainted. "NO CHIMCHAR!" Chalk yelled in pain. "We did our best alright, that's what matters" Sky said trying to brighten up the mood. "Seems my time here is done so I'll take my leave now" the rocket general said before dashing towards the hole in the wall, but before reaching the wall a figure was rising up from an Onix. He was absolutely jacked, he had no shirt on. "Where are you going mister?" Said the figure giving the general a cold stare. "G-Gym Leader B-Brock, I was just heading o-out" the general said as he was trembling. "I believe you have something this museum owns" Brock said as he looked at the general and sent out his Golem. The team rocket general sent out his Yanmega. Within seconds the Yanmega goes down after one attack from Brock's Golem. The general immediately dropped the fossils and ran for his life.

Brock came over to us seeing us being in absolute amazement. "That was so cool! You defeated him in mere seconds!" Sky said in excitement. Me and Chalk were still shocked after witnessing what he just did. Aria and Alex were frozen there, not shocked because of his skill in pokemon but more focused on his body. Mage was jealous that he managed to get all the girls' attention in just a swoop. "You kids better get going to the pokecenter, those pokemon aunt gonna heal themselves" Brock said to us smiling. We all headed out the museum heading towards the pokecenter, before someone behind me tapped my shoulder.