THE MEETING.

NO ONE'S POV.

"Unnie! Come here and take a look at this!" 10 year old Jisoo heard her little sister Jennie, 8, calling out. They were currently staying at their grandparents' farm for the summer. It's on the way to the countryside. The sisters love staying here even though some townsfolk are kind of scared to venture into the property.

Jisoo has a penchant for the surrounding forest and all the creatures that live in it. The elder sibling loved animals. She dreams of becoming a doctor for animals when she grows up.

Jennie, on the other hand is a little rascal, not really caring much for her surroundings but when it comes to her elder sister, the youngster is tamed.

Jisoo and Jennie lost their parents in an accident when they were 5 and 3 respectively. They have been raised by their grandparents from their Mum's side. They basically grew up in the countryside and just went to the city for school. The sisters really loved coming home during term breaks.

"What is it, Deukie?" Jisoo asked her sister as soon as she came near her. The younger one pointed out an unusually big butterfly that has trouble flying away.

"This one is a little strange, unnie. I was trying to help it but every time I tried to touch it, it seemed to have a mind of its own and was moving away from me!" Jennie answered a little frustrated. The older one chuckled gently and put an arm around her sister.

"Try to keep your temper at bay, Nini. But I would agree that this is a strange one. Who has seen a butterfly this big though? And look at its wings, the patterns are very weird even though it looks pretty." Jennie leans forward to get a closer look.

"You're right, Chu unnie! It's so pretty. What are we going to do with it anyway? It might die if we leave it alone here. The sun's about to set. For sure halmeoni and hal-abeoji are looking for us already." Jisoo looked at her sister, thinking then to the injured butterfly.

"I'll take care of it, Deukie, don't worry. Why don't you head back to the house first and tell the olds that I'll just take care of something first. Don't worry about the pretty butterfly. I'll make sure to put her in a safe place."

"Her?" Jennie asked confusedly. Jisoo chuckled again.

"I'd like to think it's a her, Nini. Now come on, make sure to be careful on the way back, alright?"

"You're a strange one too, unnie. But yeah, I'll be careful. You too, okay? I'll see you back at the house. We still need to pack. We need to leave early tomorrow."

"See you back at the house, Nini," Jisoo said and Jennie nodded before turning around, running back to their grandparents' ancestral house. Jisoo watches until her little sister is no longer from her sight before turning back to the injured creature. She carefully kneeled to the ground to pick up the butterfly. To her surprise, the insect crawled slowly until it was safely sitting in her right palm.

Jennie is right. This one is really strange.

Jisoo keeps on watching it and her eyes widen when it seems to be cuddling of some sort to her hand.

"You're weird, pretty but don't worry, I'll make sure to leave you someplace safe before I leave. I'm sorry, I won't be able to take you back to the house. I will be leaving for school early tomorrow and more to that, my sister's cat is a little devil. He might think you're some snack or whatever."

The butterfly flaps its wings a little weakly as though an assurance that it's okay. Jisoo snorted softly and held her hand to eye level, looking closely.

"You get what I'm saying don't you? Now listen carefully, don't leave the place I'll be putting you in unless you got some help coming from your friends or whatever, alright? And be more careful. I hope to see you again next summer when the school term ends. Take care, pretty," Jisoo whispered to it gently and walked a little ways to the edge of the property and carefully put the butterfly underneath a big leaf.

The 10 year old spent a complete minute staring at it. It seems to be vibrating. She then heard her phone ringing. Jisoo took it out of her pocket to check who's calling; Jennie. Jisoo sighed and put the phone back in her pocket.

"Bye for now, pretty. Remember what I told you okay? Until next summer," Jisoo said to the butterfly and turned away. There's a sudden gust of wind and the latter looked around nervously. She felt like she's being watched. Seeing that no one else was there, she just shrugged it off and continued walking back to the house.

----------------

"Jisoo. I'm still waiting. I still wanted to say my sincerest gratitude for saving my life."

Jisoo woke up abruptly and sat on the bed looking at the bedside table; past 2 in the morning.

"What the hell was that?" she asked in the silence of the night.

----------------------

Still lost on the plot for my other story. Huhuhuhuhuhuhu. Please forgive meh.