6.

Jisoo.

"I have waited long enough for this! I really don't care if Yeong-su's men find me here! It's been too long. Far too long. I won't hide anymore."

Jisoo frowns inside in confusion. Sure, she recognized Chaeyoung's voice but she hadn't really expected that the latter had that ferociousness in her.

And where the hell am I?

All I remember is having a little arguing with Chaeyoung about taking her home and all that. She just whispered my name then I can't remember anything anymore after that. I slowly opened my eyes and I know I'm not in my room. The ceiling is unfamiliar.

"I understand where you're coming from, Your Highness but you're not ready. All of us are not ready, I have to admit." It was a man's voice that made me try to sit up from the bed.

Your fucking Highness? What the hell is going on?

"17 long years, Bo-gum. 17. I have been preparing that long so don't you dare tell me that I'm not yet ready. Enough is enough." Chaeyoung's voice was full of authority and I shivered. Silence. Then I heard the door opening.

"H-hi," I stuttered a little nervously. It was Chaeyoung alright. But there are men standing on both her sides, wearing something that I can only picture in a comic or a manga. They looked like warriors.

"S-Soo. How long have you been awake?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Um, not too long. Why am I here? Where are we and who are they?" I asked back, eyeing the men. Chaeyoung looked at her side and sighed.

"Please leave us," she said to the men and bowed before going out the door. I just looked at the exchange a little apprehensively because in all honesty, I'm fucking lost for words.

Chaeyoung smiled as she made her way to the bed and sat down on the chair beside it gently.

"I guess I owe you an explanation, Soo. Please forgive me for any confusion it may have caused you but I can't really wait anymore."

"I'm afraid, I don't understand what you mean," I said, trying to stay calm.

"I know. Believe me, I know and I'm so sorry," she murmured gently and reached out to take my hand. For some reason, no matter how much I think I'm scared at this moment, I know her touch brings comfort and security so I let her.

"Please, get to the point. What's going on?" I asked again. Chaeyoung sighed, looking away for a moment then looked back at me.

"Do you not remember that 'unusually big butterfly' that you helped a little over 17 years ago, Soo? That was me. I owe you my very existence that day and I waited for you to come back but you never did. I held on to that promise because I really wanted to tell you in person how thankful I am."

My eyes widened in shock. I knew that there was something odd about that butterfly. But for the love of God!

"That's not all. I have been watching you and your sister Jennie from the arch for quite a while when we we're just kids. I envy the both of you and since then I really wanted to be friends with you but it was forbidden in the kingdom for us royalties to interact with a mortal. I used to trick my guards so I could sneak out of the archway in butterfly form so I could watch you and your sister play, wishing I could play with you someday. Even then, I really find you so beautiful, so gentle, the way you take care of your sister. The way you protect her.

My father caught me one time sneaking out that he made a deal with me to master all the precautions needed to protect that archway from unwanted entry and exit. At 5 years old, I already knew how big and crucial that responsibility is and for a single second, I didn't regret anything. I promised myself to do good with my training. When I became the Queen, I would finally get the chance to introduce myself to you. But that never happened.