Chapter 17: Kensie

The drive to Tyler's was nearly an hour away, did he make this trip everyday? I couldn't imagine how much gas was needed to keep up with a commute this far. But then again, he did own a bar...I'm sure he had enough money for gas.

"It's right here," Adrienne motioned to the parking lot of a high-rise condo.

"This is where he lives?" I questioned, taking a left into the parking lot.

Adrienne bit on her nail, "Well this is where he brings me to stay, I think he has a house somewhere in the country when he wants to get away."

I was quite in awe, mostly because my dinky two bedroom apartment could never compare to this. We parked in the deck as Adrienne handed me the key.

"You're coming, right?" I asked her, but she nodded slowly.

"If they see me, they'll call Tyler. He's ordered them to notify him anytime I show up so he can get rid of...well," She stopped.

"I get it," I assumed she was trying to reference the obvious, "What am I even supposed to say?"

"Tell the lady at the desk you're here to see him," She reached over and yanked down my shirt,

"There, now ruffle up your hair and they'll just think you're here to see him."

"Really?" I spoke, pulling back up my shirt, "That is never going to work!"

Adrienne began biting her nails again, "Okay, bring this in and tell them you're here under strict orders to grab paperwork and leave."

She handed me his ID and the room key, "How the hell did you get his ID?"

She grumbled, "Well after I saw him with that brunette chick, I went into his office and grabbed his ID so I could set it on fire. You can't do anything without an ID, especially go to court."

My jaw dropped, "You were seriously going to do that?"

She blinked like I was speaking a foreign language about her planned sabotage, "Of course."

I'd have to question her sanity later, because right now I knew the clock was ticking until the bar would close and Tyler would eventually be on his way home.

"They have to accept you with his ID," She continued to explain, "Why else would you have it then to have access to his room?"

I guess it made sense, I had the key and his ID. How could they deny me? I took one last deep breath before Adrienne literally pushed me out, "Go! I'll be the lookout, I'll text you if I see his car!"

I jumped out, ruffling my hair a bit before realizing that our Plan A wasn't really in place anymore. I took the ID she'd given me and began dissecting it, realizing he'd opted out of the smiling portion of getting your ID.

To say he'd completely changed from the look of this picture was an understatement. He was just a boy in this picture and now, things were much different. This had to have been taken prior to his fathers death, because the pain and anger I saw in his eyes now, was almost a full 360 from the man in the picture before me.

I entered the double doors as I watched a doorman greet me inside, he looked me over like I didn't belong and finally went back to his phone as I passed. I scratched my head as I entered into a bright white lobby, with even brighter furniture. The place smelled luxurious, like you had to pay top dollar just to be standing here.

Apparently they spent so much money on the furniture and didn't have enough money to hire a proper doorman.

Figures.