Epilogue

The car came to a screeching halt.

Ije came out to see Paula crumpled near the bonnet. She touched her pulse, her heart skipping a beat.

"Is she dead?" Nedu asked.

Ije stared at him. "I think so"

Her voice was laced with fear.

Nedu got out of the car pulling Ije to himself in a tight hug. "It's going to be alright, okay?"

Ije nodded.

***

  Paula was confirmed dead. Ije was scared that she would be arrested but the sergeant swore for her stating that it was an act of self defense.

They went home with their child. Dumaga hugged Nedu. "Thank God, she's gone for good"

"Be careful what you say about my sister" Joelle smiled at him with tears in her eyes. "Paula got what she deserved... Permit me to say happy married life Nedu"

Nedu chuckled. "I'm sorry she had to die"

Joelle sniffed. "The wicked have their reward don't they?"

Nedu said nothing because he knew Joelle was about to break down. Paula's body had been taken to the mortuary a while ago.

Neche carried Binye from Ije. "Did she hurt you baby girl?"

"You want to steal my baby shey?"

"No oh" Neche raised her hands in surrender.

They laughed.

The End.

*Clears throat*  It's not really how I wanted the end to be but here it is.... Funny story right?

Say goodbye to 'Unsteady Storm' 👋

And give a warm welcome to 'Broken'
Please show your girl love 😇