Kiss Goodbye

Now it was after breakfast.

Akari had already licked her plate clean while Y/n was in the kitchen cleaning both of their finished plates.

Currently, he was just about finished as he was using a towel to wipe off the water left from washing the dishes.

For Akari, she had just slip her feet into her shoes and was prepared for her little plan today. "I'm going out with my friends!" Akari calls from the front door, taking Y/n's attention as he walked over to where Akari was ready to exit the apartment.

"Wait just a minute!" He said, earning a groan from the girl. "Why do I gotta wait?"

"Because we gotta try and make up for the negative points that you gave us..."

"I gave us?! You were doing the same thing!"

"Now let's not point fingers right now before you give us any more bad points than we need..."

"You... Ugh, fine..." Akari crosses her arms at Y/n, suddenly her body was squeezed tightly. The smell of unfamiliar odor of soap reeking from under someone's clothing.

"I'll see you later, Akari..."

It hits her when she figured out that the boy was hugging her. "W-What are you doing?!" She nearly shouts

"You said you want to get in the top ten, right? I'm doing everything I can to get you with Minami..."

He turns to the living room and at the scoreboard, "Right now, that gave us a point only... You wanna try as well to see if it gives us another one?" He asked innocently as Akari was just at a loss for words.

If this any other situation, this was a straight no. But if it meant getting a chance to switch partners with Minami, "Y... Ugh... Whatever..."

She hugs back.

Only for a quick moment that is as the h/c lets go and turns back at their score once more.

"There, you happy?"

"..."

He doesn't answer.

"...Y/n..."

"I'm sorry, Akari but I need to test this out..."

"Test what-"

Not a second later, he grabs her shoulders and before she knew it felt something plump land on her forehead.

A quick peck before he pulled away.

Akari's eye twitched at the sudden feeling.

"..."

But it wasn't anger.

Pat...

...Doki...

She feels a hand land on her head.

What was this feeling she had while her lips nearly parted at the awe she was feeling from Y/n?

His hand pats her, a hand that was filled with gentleness as she could feel a hint of security for some reason. It continues to rub her carefully as this feeling start to grow stronger from inside her.

...Why... I don't want this to stop...

"I'll see you later, Kahono..."

"..."

"...Kahono?!"

"Huh?"

The head pats stop as Y/n was met with a blushing Akari.

What's up with her?

"Who's Kahono?!"

"..."

That's when he realized what he just did as steam flew from his ears and his head was light from embarrassment.

"N-Nobody! Just... Go hang out with your friends!" Y/n protested as he leads Akari out of the apartment and pushed her out of the exit.

"Huh?! Tell me who-"

Slam!

The door shuts in front of her.

The sound of her home locking with a latch. Akari would try to open it up but met with failure.

She groaned loudly, "...What is wrong with him?" She huffs her chest as her question from before was left unanswered. But she would forget that in half a second and remember what happened when she confronted him about this "Kahono" he spoke of.

"And what was that reaction? That was... kind of cute..."

...Smack, smack...

She used both hands to lightly slap her cheeks.

"No, no... Nothing from this... this boy is ever cute... He's a bad boy... Yeah... Everyone says so... so it must be true..." She spoke to herself, trying to get that "dumb" thought of him out of her mind.

It took some time but no success.

"...Whatever... It's supposed to be my 'me' time now... I'm supposed to hang out with my friends today... Maybe that'll clear my head off from him for a bit..."

That was her intentions now as Akari would follow through with her plan and decide to hang out with her friends.