Revived Feelings

"...Alright... That's about everything..." Y/n said as he and Akari walked out of a grocery store carrying a couple tubs of ice cream in a bag.

Being the one that offered to carry it, the boy sighed softly after finishing all of his errands for the day, exhausted as Akari stops next to him.

"So that means we're going home?"

"Yeah..."

"Okay..." Akari acknowledged him as they start walking home together side by side as the rain was slow to clear up to a somewhat clear sky.

Puddles around them, a warm humid breeze hitting them as their home wasn't far from their position.

In his mind, Y/n was wondering whichever kind of food he wanted to order for tonight.

Chinese, Korean, Filipino, he could go for anything right now as his mind went over to Chinese easily.

"...I'm sorry..."

Akari's voice catches his attention, immediately confused at the sudden apology. "...For what?" He asked.

"...For yelling at you... even though you were right today..."

Y/n stared at the girl for a second and sighed softly. "It's fine... I just wanted you to stay dry from the rain..."

"I know... but it was still stupid of me for... just bursting out and putting you down..." she added before turning to the boy in which he reacts the same way.

"..."

He wished he hasn't.

"But thank you for letting me walk with you... I had a lot of fun today..."

Then a smile.

Bright, genuine, and sweet.

It reminded him so much of-

Ba-Thump...

His eyes widened when his heart thumped a second ago, he turns his attention back to in front of their paths, he blushed embarrassingly.

"Y-Yeah... No problem..." he said as they continued to walk on home. Their near close proximity was there, Akari and Y/n side by side as their aura was not very matched with their minds reacting differently.

Y/n, specifically.

'Why was she acting this way all of a sudden?' He thought.

"Are you making dinner tonight?"

Y/n snaps away from his thoughts. "Huh?"

"Do you wanna cook or should I cook dinner tonight? Because I can cook if it's too much for you..."

Y/n glanced at Akari for a second, "You don't have to cook if you don't want to... I was planning on getting takeout..."

"I'll cook if you don't want to cook..."

"I'm fine if you don't feel like it..."

"..."

"..."

"...Should we just get takeout then?" Y/n asked once more as she made a suggestion.

"...How does Chinese food sound?"

"I'm fine with whatever you want..."

"..."

They would both smile uncontrollably and laughed. Akari and Y/n had a brief moment of silence to see what else choices they had in mind.

They said none so, "Chinese food it is~... I'm thinking about getting orange chicken..." Akari said as the boy clapped his hands together.

"Yes... Orange chicken is the bomb..." Y/n said. "You eat that with that extra sauce on the side and... oh..."

"You order the extra sauce too?"

"That's like the best part of the chicken so I'd order some more with Kaho... Um... Yeah..." Y/n didn't finish his sentence but had that wide smile.

It was obvious that Akari agreed with everything that Y/n said as the two confirmed for an order of orange chicken and whatever two entrees they want to go with as they continued to talk and smile until they made it home.