Scary Night

Tuesday night.

And our protagonist had the night off from any stress or workload since he finished his homework up already and his chores weren't needed at this time of the day.

Well, except for the dishes that he was almost done washing as he was going to hit the hay early for the night.

There's not much I can do at this time anyway... I also would like to relax after my workout that nearly took my muscles to the limit...

That was the plan.

"Y/n..."

At least, that's what he intended on doing as Akari calls to him from the other side of the window that showed the living room.

"What is it, Akari?"

"...C-Can you watch a movie with me?"

"..."

This surprised Y/n a bit as his eyes turns away and back at her with confusion.

"Uh... Sure?"

"What?"

"It's just... This is the first time you invite me to do something..."

"W-Well it's not like I want to hang out with you tonight or anything!" Akari shouted with a hint of redness on her cheeks, also surprising Y/n at her sudden burst of energy.

"You didn't have to shout at me... But why are you asking me this?"

"...Because..."

She showed Y/n the movie which had an obvious theme pasted on the cover: horror.

"...I wanna watch this but I'm too scared..."

"...Then why not just... You know... Not watch it until you muster up a lot of courage and confidence..."

"Because my friends are going to be talking about this tomorrow! I wanna be part of the conversation and keep up with the trends with them!"

"..."

Y/n stared in disbelief.

All of this because she wanted to keep up with her friends and their trends?

...Females are truly a mystery...

Y/n finally reacted, clicking his tongue and shaking his head.

"You guys and you're priorities... I'll watch it with you then..."

"Really?!"

"Yes... Once I'm done with the dishes, I'm gonna grab a snack in the pantry so just pop it in and wait for me..."

"Okay!" Akari said excitedly before going into the living room and prepared for the movie while Y/n finished the dishes like he said he would and grabbed a snack for the movie.

But when he went to the living room, he turned off the light which earned a loud shriek from Akari. He quickly flipped the lights back on and checked on the girl.

"What happened?"

"The lights! Why'd you turn off the lights?!"

"That's the whole point of a scary movie... It'd be pointless to keep it on..."

"But... it's scary..."

Y/n stared at Akari a little bit more, finding her fidgeting in place as he sighed. "Fine... The lights will stay on..."

"Thank you..." she says as the boy hopped on the couch and so did Akari, keeping a good distance from him and wrapping herself up in a blanket.

He took a glance at her doings before holding in her laughter and played the movie.