Chapter 2

Wesley knew where she was going, she didn't need directions. When Wesley and her ex first started dating Wesley was living with her grandparents and her ex was living with her parents. They kept them from something they both couldn't bare going without. Each other. So, they found a place they could be together.

She still hadn't replied to her messages and did not plan to. She didn't know if she would change her mind as she drove. Honestly, she didn't want to give her the satisfaction of knowing Wesley would up and go the second she said to.

She cranked the radio up and rolled all of the windows down. She didn't know what she was doing, and she wanted to drown out her thoughts. She stopped at the 24-hour gas station that was the only one around for miles and got a cup of black coffee. She was exhausted.

She paid for her drink and left. Once she got in her car, she was contemplating on whether or not she should turn around and go back to her grandparents. But she needed something. She needed it bad enough that she got right back on the road and kept going.

With the two working decent jobs at the time, they were able to afford to "rent to own" a small cabin right on the lake. It was on the same lake as her new house but on the opposite side of it. With the money Wesley started making when she opened her bakery, she was able to pay off the cabin years ago and haven't thought about it since then.

It was a little way away, so Wesley tried to enjoy the ride. She hadn't breathed fresh air like this for years. She lived in a big city and her life never allowed her to vacation away. She wasn't complaining because she could close down all of her bakeries now and still be more than set for life.

Wesley had always had money growing up. She always had the newest clothes and newest phone. She got a brand-new Jeep for her first car. She lived in a house big enough someone could get lost in it. But this never stopped her grandparents from raising her to work hard and make a life of her own.

She opened her first bakery when she was 19 and that is how she got where she is today. She owns 21 bakeries up and down the east coast and she had provided birthday cakes for a countless number of celebrities. She was good at what she did.

Wesley needed to focus on the road. She missed this fresh air and how it felt to be the only person on a two-lane road. She didn't drive fast, she wanted to take her time. She still had a little bit to go but was getting closer.

The cabin was secluded, and no one could been seen or heard for miles. This cabin wasn't a regular cabin. The two had made great modifications to the bedroom and called it their "playroom." They only came here when they needed each other.

Before she realized it, Wesley was making her way down the gravel driveway to the cabin. Her heart was racing so fast she could hear it over the radio. Once she got near the end of the driveway, she saw her car. The old red Jeep TJ lifted so high up you needed a ladder to get in it. It still looked brand-new.

She couldn't feel her heartbeat anymore because her heart sank to her stomach. The porch light was on, and the main door was open.

She parked her car and sat there for a few minutes. She still had no idea what she was doing or why she was doing it. Her heart still ached, and she was a nervous wreck. She looked at herself in the mirror and said, "just go and see what she wants and leave, it won't take long at all."

She got out of the car and fixed herself. Why was she trying to look good? She didn't need to look good for her ex. She was over her. She started her way to the porch. Every step she took closer to the cabin her knees got a little weaker. She hadn't seen or heard anything from her ex in years and now she was just inside the door.

She reached steps to the cabin and took a deep breath. She got to the screen door and opened it. She owned the cabin so she shouldn't have to knock. She stepped in and the television was on. There was no sign of her. She sat her keys down on the table by the door and made her way through the cabin. Her ex wasn't in there.

"Where is she?" Wesley said aloud.