Chapter 7

"Why did you let me believe all this time that you fucked her, Fletch?" Wesley questioned hovering over the other woman. "Things could have been different! We could have worked through it."

"Wes, you deserved so much better. You said yourself, you were always dealing with my drunken problems." Fletch was sitting in the chair and turned towards Wesley who was standing beside her. "After seeing the all the pain I caused you, I couldn't bare putting you through it anymore."

Wesley grabbed Fletch's hands. "But you were worth it." She squeezed her hands tighter. "When it was just us, I never felt more loved and wanted."

"I'm so sorry for everything." Fletch whispered. Still sitting, she pulled Wesley in between her legs and looked up at her. "I'm sorry I was so childish. I'm sorry I didn't give my all to you. You deserved so much more. You deserved the whole world."

"Thank you for being honest with me." Wesley said pulling Fletch's hands to her chest. "I see how you've grown since then. I see how much you mean every word you say." She inches closer to Fletch. "I'm sorry for the way we ended things. So much was left unfinished."

Fletch brushes a piece of Wesley's hair out of her face. "Like I said before, you have nothing to apologize for, Wesley." She wrapped her arms around the lower part of Wesley's back causing her to have a hitch in her breath. Staring into her eyes she spoke again, "Absolutely nothing to be sorry for."

Wesley wrapped her arms around Fletch's neck and Fletch pulled her down onto her lap. This is the first time Wesley has been this close to Fletch since that horrible day five years ago. Slowly the tension between the two was fading.

Wesley buried her face into Fletch's neck and let out a sigh. Fletch's scent hadn't changed. Her hair was slightly darker and shorter than she remembered. She also noticed a lot more tattoos. That alone had her dripping. She cannot think like that right now. She needs time to process everything that has happened.

Wesley got up without a word and walked into the spare room shutting and locking it on her way. She needed time alone. These past few years far away from home could have been different. Her mind trails back to that night.

How could she have just got up and left with no second thought? Though bringing home and kissing another person was cheating in her eyes, it wasn't like she fucked the woman. And she was drunk.

Wesley knew she couldn't change the past, but she can make decisions to create her future. Did she want to go back down the road that caused her so much pain and heartbreak? The next few days will tell.

~

The rest of the day, Wesley avoided Fletch. She didn't know what to say to her. She was more upset at the fact Fletch let her go all this time without knowing the truth. Wesley was over this whole situation. She pushed it in the back of her mind.

Wanting to catch up all that lost time, Wesley went to find Fletch. After checking her room and the rest of the cabin, Wesley headed towards the back door. "Geez, she really likes to hide from me." Wesley thought to herself.

Seeing Fletch sitting in the swing on the back porch, Wesley joined her. "I should have known I'd fine you outside somewhere." She said as she sat down beside Fletch. Maybe a little too close, but they weren't touching.

"I'm just enjoying the peace; I rarely get a break these days." Fletch said.

"I know you said you own a lot of properties and businesses, but where is your office?"

"I work from my laptop. I've hired enough help that I rarely have to be present at the office but that doesn't mean I don't have any work to do. I feel like I do more at home than I did in the office."