Guarded Secrets 7.1

It didn't take long for Leon to finish processing a new identity for the Prince. Once Prince Issac Von Vanderbilt, now Isaac the commoner knight who got newly recruited in the Godraidh Duchy, because of his amazing talent.

"I now knight you in the name of Amma, under the Kesoe Empire." The Emperor who was oblivious to his son's return didn't suspect that the person kneeling in front of him is the late crown prince shrouded by transformation magicks. Not even the nobles who attended the knighting ceremony noticed anything different as they smacked their lips in disgust at the Godraidh Duchy's eccentric new talent.

Everyone except the Princess.

Three days after the knighting ceremony, she suddenly came in unannounced at the Gofraidh Duchy during an important meeting. The undercover knight, Felberta, who finally returned from Brenia, the Captain, and the Prince who diligently maintained his disguise althroughout the day, looked at Princess Everild, who paused in surprise as she stared back at the three people in the room. Moreso, when her eyes met the newly appointed knight, Isaac.

"What kind of decorum is the Princess showing right now?" Leon uttered, staring at the fierce eyes of the princess in displeasure. Leon wanted to delay the siblings' reunion as much as possible, but he forgot how impulsive she can be at times. The butler and two other knights rushed inside from behind the princess while apologizing to the young lord for not being able to restrain the princess.

"...I believe my presence in this meeting is pertinent." She maintained her confident posture despite feeling her scalp go numb from finally seeing her brother. To others it seemed like the Princess was struck dumb after seeing the new knight, but Leon already knew she has an inkling about the knight's ireal identity.

He restricted himself in front of the Prince's keen eyes which always seem to be searching for something to use in his mysterious ploys. He could only repress his anger as he watched her stiffen with a dull expression on her face while looking at her brother.

The knights beside the Princess froze in their spots waiting for their master's final verdict. His face promised hell, and they didn't want to make another mistake.

"Of course. Her highness is really impressive." He eventually uttered, looking grim as he signaled for the knights and the butler to leave.

"I see Felberta returned." The Princess ignored his sarcasm, and tried to calm her raging anger as she nodded at the female knight sitting beside Isaac. Or rather, her brother, Prince Issac. How could the Captain not inform her immediately?

"Did you come here to greet, Sir Felberta? If so, you can leave now." Leon irritably uttered.

The Princess glared at him as she gathered her bearings and walked to the empty space of the long sofa he occupied, leaving a wide gap between them. "Thank you for offering me a seat. Captain."

The recepient of her words ignored her as he turned his gaze to the female knight.  "Sir Felberta, you're dismissed. We'll talk more in the morning."

The knight opened her mouth, as if to say something, but she soon nodded and bid her goodbyes respectfully before leaving the drawing room with her signature blank face.

"How does the Princess know?" Issac was the first to speak as soon as they were left alone.

"I told her." Leon lied but, the Princess did not refute. It was easier that way. 

Issac reached for the tea while nodding. "... I heard you've been looking for me."

"...Yes... I wished I found you earlier... Brother." Princess Everild's voice sounded relieved. "Despite everything that happened, I'm glad you're finally back."

"So why have you been looking for me?" The Prince nonchalantly returned the empty tea cup to the the table after drinking the remainder of his drink. Anyone with eyes and ears could immediately tell he was not impressed with his sister's concern. And whether real or not, he doesn't seem interested to figure it out either.

Princess Everild could only look at him anxiously. "B-brother..." Since he didn't rebuke her for using a close title, she might as well continue calling him brother. "We're family... How could I not look for you?"

Issac smiled. "I'm glad to have an affectionate sister like you."

Although he said so, his face doesn't seem agreeable. The smile appeared too practiced, and his voice neither held the tone and intonation of a grateful person.

"I hope my younger sister listens to my favor... Won't you?"

Despite this, Princess Everild, looking very enthusiastic, almost nodded her head like a puppy.

"Her highness may have sincere feelings to help the Prince, but she's not that capable." Leon suddenly joined the conversation, cutting her response rudely. His comment isn't very gentlemanly either. She pursed her lips and held back her insults, not wanting to be distracted by his antics at an important time like this. 

"The Captain seems to know everything about my sister."

The princess ignored her brother's comment and moved on with the conversation as if she heard nothing.

"Although the Captain may think otherwise, I am very much capable. What is the favor that you wish to ask?" It effectively took Issac's attention, leaving Leon looking unimpressed. 

"It's nothing too difficult. I just want you to meet a person instead of me."

"A person..?"

"I heard you want to see her, too... I want you to take her blood."

"Yes...-What?" Even though she swore to do anything in her power to protect her brothers, but to kill someone...?

"What his highness means is a small dose of Sierra Alvior's blood." Leon corrected the obvious misunderstanding in the Princess' mind. He wondered if the man was having fun playing with everyone's emotions. 

"Sierra... Alvior..? Miss Alvi-or?" The Princess blinked at the men in confoundment.

"Yes. Miss Alvior." Leon doesn't know why neither Miss Sierra nor Prince Issac corrected his mispronounciation before. "I asked Sir Felberta to investigate Miss Alvior's identity while she was in Brenia. And she found out an unusual information."

"And that involves her blood..?" Princess Everild was a bit skeptic, however, it was Sir Felberta's work, and she's as competent as any other knight. If only Leon isn't the descendant of the first disciple of Amma, aside from the Vice Captain, she could easily snatch the Gofraidh heir's position in the imperial knight faction.

"It seems her blood can heal all kinds of ailments." Leon finally supplied, shocking the Princess.

Her brows shot up and her eyes grew wide as she exchanged glances with both men. "What..? Is that really possible..?"

"It's a curious matter..." The prince uttered wistfully. "So I hope dear sister can convince her well." He added.

Princess Everild stared at her brother's eyes which fleetingly glowed like ambers, not noticing the gaze beside her that was gradually getting heavy.

***

A/N: 𝙲𝚞𝚛𝚒𝚘𝚞𝚜 𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛.