Klein

"Cher! What are you both doing here!?" Imaya exclaimed as she finally caught up with the escapee. She was not quite expecting to see me by the look on her face, and a hint of panic crossed her features as she swept her eyes around. When she spotted the dark seer in Klein's custody, a sigh escaped her mouth. His water magicks were at work as he kept the man from uttering chants by stuffing an ice rock in his mouth. 

"I should be asking you the same question. What were you thinking, Imaya!?"

She didn't respond, and tho upset, I made sure to inspect her body thoroughly, searching for any wounds. Thankfully, aside from the visible exhaustion on her face, she seems alright. "Where is Sir Alfredo?" I momentarily diverted my attention to the man in Sir Klein's custody who had a look of frenzy in his eyes while leering at me. I quickly regretted my action and returned my attention to Imaya again, readying my first aid kit. 

"He's fending off malignant creatures a few feet away." The seer signaled for one of the  eldritch to go back and assist the knight that was left behind. "Sierra, he's the one responsible for cursing you." She later on pointed at the man being contained by Sir Klein.

Before I could react, fires flickered behind Klein and me, and soon, three knights appeared, asking what the commotion was about. 

"An occultist was practicing dark magicks in the forest." Klein was quick to answer while Imaya looked panicked as she stared at the knights. Her first instinct was to hide the eldritch that stayed behind, but her slim body wasn't able to hide the large animal. It reached Imaya's chest, and was wider than her frame.

"That dog-" One of the knights started causing the creature to snarl at them, but Imaya quickly pacified it. 

"This dog is my pet." She quickly defended it. "You will take care of the occultist, but you must not let him speak at all cost. And do not meddle with the malignant creatures. You will be cursed." 

The three knights glanced at each other, at a loss for words. "Lady.." One of them began awkwardly.

"Curses are mere superstitions-" As soon as he finished speaking, a malignant creature popped out from the bushes, lunging itself towards us.

Or rather, towards me, I thought as I stared at the creature's razor sharp teeth.

"Sierra!" Imaya was quick to signal for the eldritch to protect me, but not sooner than a second, two other malignants came running to assist the first one.

"Everyone! Protect the civilians!" Despite the initial shock and terror on the knight's faces, they were quick to recover as they drew their swords. In a moment, I was caught in between as Klein stepped in front of me and quickly eliminated the wolf-like creatures in one fell swoop with his magic. Icicles extended out of his palm, lengthening intricately as it made a pathway around the people in the vicinity, and piercing all the enemies at once.

Everyone was shocked as we looked at him then to the ice that soon melted. It flowed to the ground as if it has a life on its own, seemingly searching for more prey.

"How should we dispose of these bodies, Miss Imaya?" Klein nonchalantly asked.

Imaya took a second to reply as she stared at Sir Klein with wide eyes. Even the knights were amazed, as they stared slack jawed at the cursed animals twitching on the ground. The blood flowing out of their wounds turned black, reminiscent of a cursed being.

"...Gather them in one place, but you must not let it touch your skin. We will burn them."

A second later, a figure emerged from the direction of the clearing, alerting everyone.

"Let's do as the lady says. Also, this is an isolated case, so we must not make the civilians worry." Alfredo's commanding tone surprised the soldiers as they straightened their postures to salute him. It seems they recognize Alfredo.

"Hail to the Vice Captain of the golden eagle knights!" They all simultaneously exclaimed earning a nod from the man. A smilar dog to the one standing guard beside Imaya trailed after him. Unfortunately, it seems injured as it limped while going to its owner.

"Wigan!" She sat down, instantly attending to the animal.

"I'll take care of him." I rushed to the injured animal who looked at me curiously, before weakly wagging it's tail.

"Thank you, Cher..." Imaya gave a watery smile before patting the animals.

While pretending to get herbs and bandages to wrap the poor animal's leg, I pricked my finger with the suture and applied it on the area. I was worried it wouldn't work because of the fur, but the dog seemed shocked as it stood properly while tilting its head at me.

I put my forefinger on my mouth.

"It's a secret." I whispered.

Imaya helped me convey my message as she grabbed the dog's face and rubbed foreheads. A faint glow of marking on her head momentarily appeared but nobody seemed to notice. After which, the dog looked at me again and lifted it's formerly injured leg while whining cutely.

I smiled at the big furball and rubbed ints underchin. "You'll be alright."

"Now that everything's settled, I'll be taking this criminal back with me for questioning." The bloodied Vice Captain muttered while sheathing his sword.

"I'll-." I quickly stood up, wanting to say I wanted to go with but was interrupted by Alfredo.

"The herbalist shall go with us to tend for my injuries." Fortunately, I'm needed.

"Then, I'll also-" Imaya was also interrupted, making her frown in displeasure.

"Meanwhile, Miss Imaya will stay here to facilitate the ridding of the carcasses."

"A woman..?" One of the knights whispered, and was immediately glared at by the Vice Captain.

"I trust you to be respectful to one of the rarest talents in the land."

His comment made Imaya eye him oddly before looking towards the knights who glanced in her direction, looking ashamed for one of their friends.

"Y-yes, Vice Captain!" All three soon responded, finally settling the matter.

***

A/N: The story description disappeared, so I wrote a new one