Chapter 5

⚜️⚜️⚜️Marcus Flint POV⚜️⚜️⚜️

Great Hall

I stared at my notebook containing all my Quidditch tactics. We will defeat Gryffindor, with Mr. Malfoy buying our brooms, nimbus 2001. Wood and his team won't stand a chance against us. I can't wait to see him face defeat.

"Flint, how is tutoring going?" Adrian interrupted my thoughts. '

"Everything is going well. My grades have improved. You were right, Adrian. Evangelina is a good tutor," I said, relieving my team that I won't be leaving the team. Adrian smiled that both of his friends were getting along.

"Who is Evangelina?" Montague asked

"Sinclair, you idiot," Cassius hit his head for lacking brains.

"Why did you not call her, SinClair?" Lucian asked

"Because she said so," Marcus said.

"So, you two are friends?" Lucian didn't like his friend being friendly with a Hufflepuff.

"She must trust you to allow you to call her first name. If you are close, then she will tell you to call her Eva," Adrian said before boosting his friendship with Evangelina. Lucian placed a disgusted look on him. He disapproves of people who are muggle-borns, blood traitors, and half-bloods like Evangelina.

"Why hang out with a filthy half-blood?" Lucian asked Adrian, and Adrian didn't like his tone.

"Eva is my friend. She is a good person. And don't call her that!" Adrian's face was turning red.

"Calm down," Miles interjected.

"Don't tell me you like her," Lucian stared at him.

"She is my friend, unlike some friends who don't support me in my vocal classes," Adrian angrily got up and left. Miles chased after him.

Since Adrian told us he was taking music class, the gang and I disapproved. We began to make fun of him. I thought he quit taking an absurd class. I guess he didn't. Evangelina must have encouraged him to pursue his desires.

Then, I heard giggling behind me. I saw Sinclair laughing at Wood while boosting a conversation about Quidditch. I could see Wood smile as she laughed. It seems he has a crush on her.

"What? What is so funny?" He questioned.

"I just like seeing you talk about something you are passionate about. I only asked about Puddlemere's last game.  You boosted how amazing they are while having a marshmallow on your nose," Evangeline giggled before she removed a small marshmallow from his nose.

Wood chuckled in embarrassment," Thanks Eva," he smiled at her.

"If I didn't know any better, I think Wood may like something other than the game," Cassius said.

"Sinclair seems to have the hots for Wood," Malfoy said.

I'm not too fond of this. Not one bit. If Wood and Sinclair begin dating, she will no longer tutor me. Wood would tell her everything that I did to him. Evangelina would probably hate me. I need her to keep my grades up.

"Flint, you know if they date, Sinclair will quit tutoring you," Cassius said.

"I know. I am thinking about how to stop this." How do I get her to stop falling for Wood?

"You can get her to like you more than Wood. Pretend you like her until the Quidditch seasons are over. Then, you leave her, we would have won the cup, and Wood would be jealous of you for keeping SinClair," Lucian explained his brilliant plan.