Part 13

⚜️⚜️⚜️

"Evie!" Death ran to greet Harmonia. Only to be greeted back with a dodge. Death tripped and fell to the floor. "Don't call me that," Harmonia dislike the name. She flopped on the chair.

"Rude!" Death stood up. The stage light turned on, and Death stood on the stage.

"Attention, SRS! We have a code yellow! Meaning, a menace threatening to destroy the balance in our society. Morton, aka Death, my son, has made an appearance. He tried to suck the living soul of Wizard, Adrian Pucey," Death announced in the conference meeting in front of thousands of soul reapers.

Murmurs were heard across the room talking about the Rouge reaper. The most dangerous, most wanted reaper, Death Son. Harmonia looked shocked by the news. She didn't know Morton had attacked Adrian, again.

A soul reaper raised her hand," Is he cute?" Jinx, the small goth girl with pink pigtails asked.

"Uh! I don't think that should a concern. But yes," Death placed a photocopy of the Quidditch player on an old projector. Everyone viewed the image of the human that was attacked by Morton.

"He's cute!" Jinx commented.

Death revealed the Daily Prophet, "Morton tried taking his soul. Fortunately, Vangelis stopped him but was taken. Our mission is to find Morton and Vangelis. Do not proceed to attack him. Report back with any information. Comprende?" Death informed. No one replied.

"Comprende?" Death yelled.

"Comprende," a crowd of reapers with no enthusiasm replied.

"Good, one last thing. It is rumored that Morton is looking for an ancient instrument. I am not exactly sure what instrument it is. He has his followers searching in many places mostly antique shops. If you know or see anything suspicious, REPORT DIRECTLY TO ME!" the Microphone went loud.

Groans were heard loud by the loudspeaker affecting their hearing.

Death signalled his most trusted group of SRS," Follow me,"He said. The meeting ended. As Harmony, Jinx, Lilth, Crow, Whisperer, Phantom, and Buffy followed their boss to his office.

"Sit! Tea?" Death began to serve beverages to everyone.

"Why didn't you tell us this first?" Buffy was the first to burst with the question.

"Did you know Vangelis was watching over the Quidditch player?" Phantom interrogated.

"First, rumors had to be clarified. Plus, I didn't have time to gather you. Second, Yes, Phantom, I knew. Vangelis informed me about his theory that Morton is marking the living and collecting souls," Death explained.

"What!" Lilith was the first to react.

"Why didn't you send us to help him?" Crow asked.

"How could I? I didn't know if the theory was true." Death stirs his teacup.

"But why mess with the living? They will die eventually," Bluffy stated.

"That's a good question. That I don't know," Death replied.

"What's the instrument?" Harmonia spoke up. Death shrugged his shoulders," I don't know."