Chapter VIII -Looming Threat With a Hint of Alcohol

---Guild Hall---

Momon and Narberal can be found in the Guild building looking at the available quests, trying to read the unknown language of this world while ignorant adventurers talk behind his back about his cool looking armor. Giving up on attempting to read this language he takes a quest with a high number, having assumed the high number meant a high reward, and takes it to the counter.

Momon: "I'd like to take this job."

The woman looks at him slightly surprised for a few seconds before responding.

Woman: "I'm very sorry. This is a request for a Mythril  plate adventurer."

Momon: "I know."

Woman: "Huh?"

Momon: "That's why I brought it here."

Woman: "But there are rules that must be followed."

Momon: "It's a stupid rule."

Woman: "If you fail the resquest, there is a chance a lot of people will lose their lives."

Momon: (Is she for real right now!?) "Hmph. My partner is a third tier magic caster."

People's murmurs become louder as they are surprised she can wield tier three magic at such a young age, unaware of her inhuman nature.

Momon: "And I am a warrior that is equal to het level. We want to do a job that is worthy of our skills."

Woman: "I am very sorry. According to the rules, you cannot take this job."

Momon: (Agh! This is frustrating, I have to grind the ranks!?) "I see. Then it can't be helped. Sorry for sounding selfish. If that's the case, give us the hardest request in the copper level."

Woman: "Oh yes! I understand!"

Momon: (Alright! I was able to get what I wanted!)

???: "Then, would you like to help us with our job?"

Momon turns to his side to look at where the voice came from to find out it was directed at him.

Momon: "Huh?"

---Nazarick, 9th Floor, Bar---

Solomon sits on a stool in Nazarick's bar having a drink of some good old Corpse Reviver cocktail, asking himself if Ainz was having fun doing whatever it is he is doing. While sitting there bored out of his mind, Shalltear entered the bar, wanting a drink herself and seeing her lord sitting by the bar she smiles as she approaches Solomon.

Shalltear: "My lord, pleasant seeing you here! May i sit next to you?"

Solomon is snapped out of his thoughts and looks back to see Shalltear.

Solomon: "Oh Shalltear, sure take a seat." pats the stool next to him

Shalltear: "Thank you my lord." does a little bow fitting her tiny stature

Solomon: "So what brings a fancy girl such as yourself to the bar, other than the refined drinks here."

Shalltear: "Initially it was just the drinks... but then i saw you my lord and I couldn't help but feel all tingly at the thought of drinking alongside a supreme being such as you~"

Solomon: "I see, well then perhaps you can alleviate this boredom of mine, otherwise I might have to find a whole kingdom to mess with to entertain myself and I believe Ainz would skewer me alive if I did that."

Shalltear: "Aww that sounds like a wonderful idea!" gets closer to Solomon "But worry not master, I will keep you company and do anything to help with your boredom~"

Solomon: (Im getting stranger danger vibes here...) "I'm sure you will Shalltear, I'm sure you will."

|Timeskip brough to you by Quagmire saying Giggity|

---E-Rantel Communal Cemetery---

In the guise of night, a cloaked figure is seen walking through the eerie cemetery of the city of E-Rantel, arriving at some sort of Mausoleum. Upon entering the cloacked figure smiled and proceeds to go down into the dark depths of the building, after arriving down there the figure removed the hood to reveal a woman with red eyes and orangey hair as she yells out for someone.

???: "Yo! I'm here to see you, Khaj! You here?"

A bald cult looking weirdo wearing a red robe comes around the corner and speaks out to the girl.

Khaj: "Stop greeting me that way. It's disrespectufl towards the honorable name of Zuranon. So? What do you need?"

???: "I brought this for you."

As she says that the girl takes out a necklace like crown and rotates it around her finger.

Khaj: "That's a Crown of Wisdom, the proof of a shaman princess! It's one of the great treasures of the Slane Theocracy!"

???: "That's right! I stole it because a cute girl was wearing this weird thing and she totally went mad!"

Khaj: "Hmph, you were once a member of the Black Scripture. That is a sacred item that seals away the self of its wearer, making a human item that spews forth high level magic. You knew what would happen if you forced one off of a shaman princess."

???: "That's true."

Khaj: "And only one in a million people are compatible with that item. Without a user it's just a piece of junk."

???: "That's why I was wondering if you'd help me, as a fellow executive of the secret society, Zuranon. Khajit Dale Badantel."

Khaj: "I have thrown away the name of Dale long ago. And what kind of help do you need?"

???: "I heard there is a talent holder in town that can use any magic item! I wonder if this item would work on him."

Khaj: "You wouldn't need my help to kidnap a single person."

???: "It's just that I want to create a huge mess as I go!"

Khaj: "So you want to use the chaos to escape."

???: "So, what if I help you with your ritual in exchange, Khaj? It's not a bad trade right?"

Khaj: "That's wonderful, Clementine! Fine, I will help you!"

---Nazarick, Solomon's Bedroom---

Solomon wakes up in his bed, completely naked and looks to the side to see a naked Shalltear cuddling him, after about 5 seconds of time had elapsed he realized what had happened.

Solomon: (.... Oh fuck... Ainz will kill me if he finds out about this... or worse... he will make fun of me just like I did when he changed Albedo's setting... I'm so fucked...)

---1017 Words---

Note: Fun fact, the Corpse Reviver is an upscale cocktail from 1930. Due to the name I decided to go with it since Nazarick is a place of monsters and undead and Ainz is a Necromor... I mean a Necromancer. :D