Chapter XII - The Greatest Treasure

---Nazarick---

Ainz and Solomon are together in the Guild Conference room with Ainz still skeptical about letting Solomon fight Shalltear alone despite knowing full well that his friend has a much higher advantage against Shalltear than himself.

Ainz: "So you are absolutely sure about this Solomon?"

Solomon: "Like I said before, I will be fine. I have a plan."

Ainz: "Right. About that plan of yours, killing her without killing her? What does that mean? Can you even do that?"

Solomon: "Fuck if I know. All I understand is that according to my ability to predict the future I know her mind control can't be dispelled normally which means it has to be a World Item, only way I know of dispelling that without resorting to more extreme measures is to kill her."

Ainz: "Don't suppose yout Time magic can rewind her to a point where she wasn't mind controlled?"

Solomon: "I'm not a miracle worker here buddy, she is being controlled by a World Item, unless you want to use one of the Twenty I don't think we are saving her without killing her."

Ainz: "So why not just kill her instead of your weird plan to kill her without killing her?"

Solomon: "Because she is pre..... I mean..... because that would save us trouble from resurrecting her, would cost money and we don't know if she can even be revived like in the game."

Ainz: "Very well then, if your plan doesn't work I take it you have a plan B?"

Solomon then stands up from the chair he was sitting on and heads towards the door, he opens it but before he leaves he turns back to Ainz and with a smug smile says.

Solomon: "You know me, I always have something up my sleeve, try not to do something to Albedo while I'm gone alright?"

And with that he exits the room. Outside the room he sees Shogi waiting for him.

Shogi: "Master, did something bad happen? Everyone is a bit tense at the moment." :(

Solomon: "Don't worry, I'll take care of everything, you just go have some fun okay? Oh and you might get a sibling to play with."

Shogi: "Really master!!?"

Solomon: "Really. Now I have to go prepare for this grand event, I will see you after Shogi."

And with a pat to Shogi's head he departs to go prepare for battle.

---Timeskip, After Preparation---

Ainz: "Gate!"

A magical gate opens, conecting Nazarick to where Shalltear is. The Guardians sit there with Ainz, silently bidding a temporary farewell to their friend/master. Stepping through the gate Solomon finds himself in an open field surrounded by a forest with Shalltear standing right in the middle of that field. He looks at her closely and using magic determines that indeed his feelings are confirmed, she is really pregnant with his child, his flesh and blood, something he never would have thought possible nor was ready for, not in his previous life and certainly not in this magical world. He makes his way to her and gently rubs her belly and he readies to cast a spell on the child growing inside of her.

Solomon: "Our child shouldn't suffer from our little fight, thankfully the child should be fine considering your crimson armor will protect it and I'll avoid hitting you anywhere near your belly. Ugh this will be a pain, I would enjoy the challenge had she not been caught by a mind control effect and if she wasn't pregnant."