Chapter 17

Raining. All day.

"You can't just sit here the entire day Carson, c'mon get your lazy buttums up!" Newt tried pulling me out of bed. But I wasn't having any of that. So me being me, I held on for dear life.

"Newt! Let go of me! I wanna stay in bed!" I screamed. Newt pouted.

"I swear your the laziest glader in the glade!" I huffed.

"Not true." I narrowed my eyes. "Newt I really want to stay here. It's not like it's my job to watch over the animals its with the medjacks." Newt snorted.

"And when was the last time you helped over there?" He asked.

"Yesterday. Minho cut his hand in the maze and I wrapped it up. Ha!" I shot.

Newt just grumbled and left.

Shortly after newt left I became bored, but right before I was about to get up I heard a knock.

"Carson can I talk to you?" It was Ryan. How dare she come here to talk to me! I sat up.

"It better be something nice or I will make you leave." I threatened. She gulped.

"Well the new girl, she helped change my mind about you, she saw how um, jealous I was?" She paused to think over her words. "I just wanted to come over and apologize I know now that it was really uncalled for. Really. So I'm so sorry and I wish I could take everything back I I'll start by not being mean and-" I cut her off.

"Apology accepted. I understand how jealous you are. Because Gally tells me how jealous he is that I'm 'closer' to Newt than him and it's literally the most hilarious thing ever." She just stood there shocked.

"Well I guess we can start over?" She smiled weakly.

"Hi my name is Carson." I stuck out my hand.

"Hell Carson I'm Ryan." She shook my hand. Right when she shook my hand a bolt of lightning struck the hut.

"We need to get out of here." Ryan ran to the door, but flames appeared out of no where and licked up the one and only exit. We were trapped.

"We're going to get you two out!" Newts muffled voice barely made it through. The flames were flickering so loud.

"Ryan over here." I grabbed her hand and lead her over to a water bucket I had, the roofs were leaking. I got a shirt and made it soaking wet.

"Hold it to your face, it'll keep the smoke from getting in your lungs." She did what was told.

"Carson! No let me in there!" Gallup shouted.  He sounded terrified as the flames kept rising.

"Gally, I'm okay!" I shouted. Something crashed down infront of us. Seeing an opening I turned to Ryan.

"Trust me on this and don't turn back! Run." Ryan turned to me with a confused face as I pushed her out of the opening.

"CARSON!" Gally voice was closer.

That was the last thing I heard.

*** PLEASE READ:
I'm so sorry for not updating. I'm working on a new book that I really want to dedicate my time to. But I promise to update whenever I can. It means a lot that this is my first book, so I do plan on completing it, but I do want to work on my other book. It's still in drafts. I want to thank all of you for sticking with me! Thank you so much❤️