Chapter 9

We ate a late lunch with Minho Thomas and Newt, the other guys left to do something else. I was chewing my ham when out of the corner of my eye I saw Gally shift, shift closer to me and flared over at Thomas.

I leaned over and whispered in his ear. "I'm not going to leave you do stop acting like Thomas is a griever." All he did was pull me closer. I sighed.

"Well then." Newt stood up. "Let's go!"

"Go where?" I asked. He smirked. Oh how I hated when he smirked because it only meant trouble. Gally raised a eyebrow at him.

"The-" he started but Gally Stopped him.

"Absolutely not." Wait, what?

"Okay hold up. I'm confused." I stood up. "Where am I going?"

"No where." Gally simply stated. "That's final." I was bewildered.

"Since when did you control me?" I snapped. No one bosses me around.

"Now, because there's no way I'm letting you in the maze. Ever." He narrowed his eyes. The maze? That's where I was going.

"Then come with me to make sure I'm a-okay." Newt looked at me like I had two heads, my eyes were huge, my hair was snakes and my skin, a unruly animalistic color.

"What!" I snapped at him, but Newt only chuckled.

"Gally once went in the maze, heard a griever, and came back In. He won't go out there if his life depends on it, trust me Carson he won't." My jaw dropped. Gally, my Gally, was afraid of Something?

"GALLY IS AFRAID OF THE MAZE?!" I screeched. As soon as I said that his face went red, and his head snapped towards me. He stood up walked over to me and clamped his hand down over my mouth. "Mmhm-HMFMMHF!" I tried prying his hand off. "gallfyh, I-I cannnf'tt- breaathue!" Honestly I have no idea how he Understood what I was saying but he took his hand off.

"Don't ever say that CARSON!" He yelled my name. I jumped back, Gally never yelled at me. Well he did but only when I was doing something that if get hurt, not hurt his reputation.

"Okay geez Gally I didn't know. I'm sorry." My voice cracked at I'm sorry. "I'm leaving and don't bother to follow me I'll just ignore you." And I was off.

(A/n: I'm just adding names because it was for we since I watched and read the book and movie)

"Hey Nate!" Nate turned his head towards me.

"Carson, what a friendly face. Care to help?"

"Noooo, I'm here because I just want to watch and totally not do my job." I said oh so sarcastically.

"Very funny." He sneered. "Okay first person up on the list is-" he paused.

"What is it?" I asked. Curious to know. Okay actually no, it makes me beyond mad when someone pauses and doesn't tell me. "Okay, what. Is. It?" I seethed.

"He's stupid. The greenie, Thomas. Already hurt himself pretty badly after he ran, kinda hurt his ankle so I have him scheduled regularly." I laughed.

"Did you see the way he fell on his face?" I was almost in tears. I heard a deep, manly- ahem. So I looked up. And before my eyes was no other then.. Thomas. Great.

"You were saying?" He shot at Me.

"That it was drop dead funny when you fell on your face." He thought I was going to lie. "What? No point in lying when you heard me, is there?"

"Nope, feisty." It was my turn to raise an eyebrow. I guess I must have forgot Nate was there.

"Anyways Carson, next two gladers are yours." Nate said, handing me the clipboard with names.

I looked down only to find Gally the second name. I scowled, how could he hurt himself?

He didn't say a word. Only sat down. He wound was pretty deep and it needed stitches.

"Ow!" He tried his best to keep quiet.

"It wouldn't hurt if you would have let me put the numbness it in." I said softly.

"But it hurts! Like a million hot needles burning into your skin." He closed his eyes. (A/n; I know this because I had to get it done and it was not pretty)

"Suck it up big boy, you said you didn't any of that because you're, manly and tough and that's for wusses!" I said mocking him in a deep voice. He winced not because of my joking because I was done.

"That fast?!" I only shook my head laughing.

"Yes that fast." I teased. "You will not be working Until I take those stitches out, so come everyday at noon so I can check on them. Wash your hands very thoroughly because if it gets infected, then my only other option is to cut your hand off." I really didn't need to cut his hand off, I know he loves his hands that much so that's why.

"Thanks." He said.

"It's my job. And get rest, you need it." He only grumbled and stood up to leave.

"No no no, sit back down I'm not done yet." I was going to wrap his hand so the stitches didn't come out. "What color?" I asked.

"Which ones do you have?" I smirked. And he tensed up.

"I only have one color but in different shades." He untensed , that's good I thought to myself.

"Okay list them."

"Pink, light pink, ruby, magenta, flamingo and-" I was cut off.

"I'm not wearing pink."

"Then wear ruby, it's basically a red."

"Fine!" He groaned. What a little liar I was.

"Close your eyes."

"No."

"Please!" I gave him puppy dog eyes and he closed his.

"Okay done."

"CARSON WHY IS MY WRAP HOT PINK?!" Oops my bad.

--

OKAY GUYS REALLY IMPORTANT;

1) THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR OVER 150+ READS
2) I want to start a new book but it's going to be completely new book. Like not a fanfic, like werewolf because I like them. And if you don't, I have some words for you: try it (((:
3) GUYS IM RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS SO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE COMMENT THEM!
4) I'm not gonna be like: comment and vote so I'll post another chapter!! Like no that's promoting yourself so others can know what the story is and you get a bunch of reads. I prefer when people find me on their own.
5) if you have ANY ideas on what other books I could write. Comment them! I love hearing new ideas! Like different genres!

THANKS FOR PUTTING UP WITH ME I LOVE YOU GUYS WHO READ MY BOOK. Also- I AM writing a werewolf book but I'm not gonna publish it yet, because I really want that to be a good one.
OH AND IF YOU HAVE ANY BOOKS YOU WOULD RECOMEND ID LOVE TO READ THEM! THANNK YOUR FOR THE HUNDRETH TIME!!